Sunday, July 22, 2018

Rainy Sunday

It's a dark and wet morning here in New Hampshire. Glad we just had a couple of beautiful days because today's rain is the start of a whole week of iffy weather.
Today I have another page for Chris' Art for Art Sake challenge over at Art Journal Journey
Here's a page from from my Japan Travel journal. In Japan we saw lots of koi so I made this page to remember that. I started by painting my page the colors of koi and then added some tissue paper stamped koi images. They look  a little more Chinese to me over Japanese, but it's the stamp I had so it's what I used.
Then I stenciled some dots, added a bit of clear plastic Japanese printed letter and an Asian metal fish charm on the right page.
And now for some photos from the opposite side of the world. I've shown you rocky coasts in Newfoundland, but how about a sandy beach. It was a little too cold to actually sunbath, but it was just my husband and myself and 2 other people walking this big beautiful beach.
And there were even sand dunes.










This beach was in an area where a river ran into the ocean.
It was great to walk the beach even if it shoes did fill up with sand. :)
Have a great rest of your weekend and star to the new week everyone.


14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal pages and great photos. No rain here, just very, very hot. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

This spread is a wowser! I love how loose you are with your art and how artsy it always looks. You know so good what to add and which colors to use! Fantastic pages for your Japanese Travel Journal!I love the Koi you used! And what beautiful photo impressions these are?! GORGEOUS ! Oh I can imagine how you enjoyed this all!
Gorgeous area!!!
We have again the same weather my friend, here it rains since last night and freshly 17° Celsius outside today!
But it's o.k.!
I am sure it will get hot again after some days of rain! At least we are predicted to get a heatwave this August.
Thanks bunches for yet another fantastic post and gorgeous spread linked to Chris' July collection at Art Journal Journey! So much appreciated Erika!

Hugs, Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm a sunshine-loving gal, but I'm ready for a few dark and wet mornings here. We could use it, and the plants would be grateful.

Those photos are wonderful. I love the sand dunes. And that row of rocks stacked up is fascinating.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulously Japanese page - I love the vibrant colours - the fish stamps certainly look good here! Thank you so much for all of the pages you are making this month for my theme - I do so appreciate it! I loved seeing the scenery around the river and beach! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Chrisx

Jeannette said...

fantastic fishies pages,love the colors too.
glad you had fun with your japanese travel,beautiful photos you made of this wonderful beach.
happy new week.


hugs jenny

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Erika. I wouldn't be able to tell one koi from another, much less what country they came from. Regardless, this turned out to be a fabulous spread. It's so bold, bright, and warm. I was thrilled you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

What a romantic and isolated beach. These were incredible shots of the stark nature of the place. You were SO lucky to find it and be able to share it with each other in mostly solitude.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous colourful journal page Erika,
The photos of your last trip away look lovely. I liked the piles of layered pebbles, was that a sculpture or something folk added to as they passed by?
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Sounds like an amazing trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. xox

Astrid Maclean said...

Another fabulous colourful page! And wonderful photos too, slowly we are getting a real impression of Newfoundland which is great!

CJ Kennedy said...

Love the bright colors on your koi page. Beautiful beach and so cool that you practically had the beach all to yourself. Stay cool and dry today.

Caty said...

Wualaa Erika !! this spread page is just gorgeous !!, I love the vibrant colours you've used, that red is super beautiful, and the kois are lovely, I really like that stamp. All the details are wonderful, Congratulations!
That beach is impressive, beautiful, it had to be a day well spent. Thank you very much for sharing your photos with us.
I wish you a very happy day, big hugs, Caty

Jeanie said...

I love the koi page. The colors are great! And I especially love the photos of the birds in flight. What beautiful territory there, Erika. A wonderful beach.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Love the bold, primary colors and the complex simplicity of your spread. And that quiltlet is fantastic! Merry journaling to you!

Dianne said...

very colorful pages, and love the koi stamp! gorgeous photos too...I always enjoy a soothing look at beaches, stones and sand pipers!