Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Yes You Can Go Back In Time

Hi everyone. Today I have this week's page from my calendar journal to share with you.  I thought it would work perfect for the Polka Dot challenge over at Moo Mania as you can see lots of dots in the background.
My page also has some recycling in it. I was cleaning a kitchen cabinet a few weeks back when I found this plastic cake doily stuffed int the back corner. This was a scalloped edge pink piece that you would put on your dish and then put your cake down on. It is meant so the pretty pink scallops would stand out around the bottom of the cake.
Now I didn't even remember I had this piece, and I have never used it. So what do I do? I cut it in half and use it as the border for this giant spring flower.
I painted the center and stamped some little yellow stars on it. For the rest of the page I painted in the stem and leaves, stamped some postmarks and bumble bees. I also stamped the quote and added the sticker letters to make up the word spring.
This page makes me happy because I am ready for some spring flowers.
And as it is a happy page, I am also going to link up to Wendy's Have Fun challenge at Art Journal Journey because I had a lot of fun making this page.
Think it is going to be awhile before I see spring flowers though. This what I came home to yesterday.




And to think last Sunday afternoon I was sitting on that lawn chair reading for a couple of hours and enjoying the warm sun.

Happy mid-week. Hope your day is a good one.



13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your spring flower, great idea. But NO, that's not my idea of spring! Hugs, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you still have snow, Erika. I know some in the south of England had some last week but it seems like a long time since we saw it here. It's very breezy but we can feel the beginnings of the warmth of the sun and it's delightful. I hope you get some soon.
That's the perfect way to recycle a doiley - the perfect flower :-) Love the stars for the centre and the bees. Definitely a happy page ;-)
Cath x

froebelsternchen said...

I love what you have made with the plastic ! That's fantastic Erika!It looks so fancy and I love all the patterns you came up with! I am thrilled about this delightful page and it makes me happy to see it at Moo Mania & More and Art Journal Journey today! Thank you so much for your artful support of both challenges again! Much appreciated! Oh mo --- this looks really not nice and I can understand that you are really sick of this white stuff meanwhile..... sending you sunshine! ♥♥♥♥☻☻☻☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ Here they forecast similar things...at least for the western region of our ttle country.... no one needs this!!!!

Big hugs, Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

O-: Snow! We just got rain and it was raw. This morning there was a bit of frost on the windshield. The defroster took care of it, no scraping. I hope your snow melts quickly. At least you have the giant Spring bloom on your journal page to cheer you. Have a good day.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your big, bright spring flower :) and am amazed by your snow. We have sunshine and a predicted high today of 82! Such a huge difference!

Rosie said...

A wonderful page for your calender.
Here in Nothern Germany is it nearly Summer

Caty said...

Wualaaaa Erika... This Art page is so so GORGEOUS !! It is a so great and clever idea to recycle this plastic cake doily !! Espectacular !! Love your lovely and unique design !! Love the background, the stamps and the little bees. Congratulations!
And, what can I say about this so wonderful weather you have the chance to enjoy.... please send me some rain and snow :)
I wish you a very nice and creative afternoon at your art studio!
and send big hugs,
Caty

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page with the promise of warmer spring days, then.... as I scrolled down to read more of your post....snow photos.
You must be getting rather tired of the white stuff by now, I hope it doesn't last to long.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yesterday it was 86 F here. Tonight we had a hard freeze. I can't believe this weather. I think we may duck the snow, which in western KS is predicted to be 6-8 inches, but here I think it will only be rain and cold. Your chair looks SO forlorn, and your woodland area looks like it really wants spring to arrive.

That's a great journal page, Erika. I like that you recycled the cake doily. Great way to repurpose something you would otherwise probably not use.

craftytrog said...

It's turned chilly again here, but thankfully no snow! Great photos, and I love your Spring page. xx

Jeanie said...

That one is very pretty! Much springier than your porch! We woke up to that today too. UGH!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, it's amazing how the weather changes so dramatically in your part of the world! It seems like spring was here and then you get all that snow - brrrr 😉. Your spring page is so uplifting, I love how you placed the flower - beautiful! Creative wishes! J 😊 x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Pleased to know that you now seem to be back into Springtime now!! Chrisx