Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Green Wednesday

Hello everyone. We're in the middle of another week-already. August is just flying by, or at least it is for me.
So today I have this journal page from my summer journal that I made back in June and don't believe I ever showed you. (If I have, I am sure you will let me know. Smile)
The background is made of canvas and I painted it. And then I had this scrap piece of paper from which I had die cut some leaves. I cut around the leaf openings and then used some matte medium to attach them. I added a few notes, and then added a butterfly sticker and also a little note label. 
And since butterflies have eyes to be able to see where they are flying, I am going to link up this page to Art Journal Journey.  And the latest challenge at Moo Mania is butterflies so I am also going to link my page up to that challenge.
And lastly, this page is certainly bright, so I will be joining More Mixed Media and their anything goes with optional bright challenge.
 And Valerie has picked the latest Anything Goes theme at Tag Tuesday. Here's my tag for that challenge.
I made this summery Victorian themed tag. I stamped this chemical formula design on the ink colored background and added some TH images. Then I added a little wash tape, stamped the phrase, and did a bit of peach stitching. I used this color thread because of the peachy color in those old fashion roses. 
Today's overall post theme is green.
One of my favorite colors.
Maybe it's one of yours too?
Thanks so much for visiting. 

17 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like the greens in your art journal page. (I don't recall seeing it posted before now.) I like the idea of using leafs and writing words in them. The butterfly makes a nice color contrast. Your tag is lovely. I always like vintage images (as I'm sure you can guess, based on what I use in my artwork). That peach color is one of my favorites too. The chance of rain showers will continue for the next few days for me in CT. It's also a little muggy, although not as bad as it was at the height of Summer.

Valerie-Jael said...

Green is a wonderful colour, full of life and hope, so I like it! Great page, and a wonderful Victorian-type tag, just lovely! Thanks so much for linking to Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Have a great day. The weather is good here so I'm off for my second walk today. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have been on a roll. I'm totally impressed. You are making beautiful art with your lovely butterfly and leaves. This is beautiful. Thank you beyond belief for sharing this with us using Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey. So sweet of you to continue to support AJJ the way you do.

That's a lovely tag, too. I LOVE that peach thread you used that goes so well with the roses. I've not seen that TH paper doll. Is it a new set? I have two sets and the girl and her collie aren't in either of them.

CJ Kennedy said...

The leaves are making me sad. August is going by so fast and Fall is around the corner and then Winter 😿 The little girl and her dog are so sweet posed next to the roses. I'm so glad I didn't live during Victorian times. I can't imagine wearing all those layers of clothing during a heat wave. Look like some nice days ahead. Enjoy!

R's Rue said...

❤️

Birgit said...

Funnt as I am dressed all in green today although my favourite colour is blue. I love the summer leaves expressing happy thoughts and love that Victorian tag with the little girl and the soft roses.

Meggymay said...

Its an awesome background green shade for your beautiful journal page . Your tag is lovely as well little girl and her dog look so sweet.
Green is a favourite colour of mine, although lately I have been drawn to brighter and stronger shades of many colours.
Yvonne xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika wow what a wonderful journal page and i love the tag too,well done my friend xx

Michele said...

i love your journal page and your gorgeous tag! xo

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, I do like green and the paler shade around the leaves works well here. Love the vintage tag with its gorgeous images.
Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing art, you never cease to amaze me with your fabulous ideas and makes!
Thank you so much for joining AJJ and Moo Mania again. Happy weekend ahead.
Susi xxx

Gibby Frogett said...

Two wonderful pieces Erika..love that shade of green on your journal page - well thought out as the lovely purple butterfly is balanced with the colour on background and the small element botton left. Thanks for sharing again with AJJ.
Happy Thursday!.... Gill xx

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous green page, and I love your tag too Erika!
Alison xx

Rosie said...

Gorgeous !!!

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Divers and Sundry said...

I like green, and I like how you've used the color in these. It is a joy-of-summer color, isn't it! :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love the peach and green combo on the tag, Erika. Green isn't one of my colors, but that tag really appeals to me. It's lovely. Happy Weekend. Eileen xx

Neet said...

That is a gorgeous green on your canvas and what a brilliant idea with the leaves and words. Very eye catching.
By contrast I just love your Victorian tag. Such a gentle green for the background. The perfect foil for your figures and the word “hello” is the perfect thing to finish it off.
Hugs Neet xx