Tuesday, August 20, 2019

In My Garden

Hi everyone.  Time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday.
But before I get to that, I want to thank everyone who joined in for our last "Wish You Were Here" challenge.
And huge thanks to Sandra for being a wonderful hostess also. 
So our new challenge we are inviting you into the garden. The challenge is IN MY GARDEN!

I began my page with some bright green paint I had recently picked up. Then I used part of a napkin on the left. It had lots of these black and white leaves on it so I thought it would make a great background for some flowers. But it was a little plain so I sprayed a bit of dark blue ink.
I added some white leaf trim on the far left. Then I doodled some flowers on some white paper, randomly stamped a newspaper image over my doodles, and then rubbed both pink and orange ink over the page. I fussy cut the flowers and added them. I started by putting a blob of orange paint the the center, and then once it was partially dry I added a small colorful button. Then I outlined the green side, added some letter stickers and outlined those in white pen.
And voila. That is my page.
I hope you join us for our latest challenge at Try It on Tuesday.
I look forward to seeing all the gorgeous art linked up.


22 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

I really love this bright page Erika! The background for your flowers is perfect! Hugs,Chrisx

Meggymay said...

The greens on the background certainly make me feel I am seeing into a garden, its a fantastic page Erika.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

Super journal page, so lot of flowers :)

Rosie said...

A wonderful page, Erika

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely bright and colourful page, Erika. That's a great green! I love the napkin, too. They can be so pretty.
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a fabulous make! I love how you created this too, you put so much work into creating those beautiful flowers 😁. It's a stunning piece! Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the bright colours. Your new header is great, too. Hugs, Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

I love your buttonhead blooms against the vivid green background - a gorgeous page for a great theme. Hope to be along to play soon!
Alison x

Barbara said...

Lovely, and so happily colorful! I checked out “Try it on Tuesday” and hope to see you there too!

Mia said...

Amazing page, Erika! Gorgeous design!
I am really happy to see that you already used the lovely white leaf trim and the colourful buttons! Hugs, my dear friend.
I will be back from vacation im the end of the month.

Joan said...

This is fabulous, I love the colours and the flowers with the little button centres


Joan x

Divers and Sundry said...

It's especially helpful to me that you describe your steps so clearly. I like your garden blooms :) and those sweet buttons are perfect!

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a happy page. I love the use of the buttons for the center of the flowers. Hope you’re enjoying the weather

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely vibrant blooms Erika, those colours are almost tropical. So much work has gone into this page with all that fussy cutting, I love the additions of the buttons. It sure does bloom.. Thanks for sharing.
Creative Hugs Tracey x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an absolutely inspiring entry, dear Erika. Your flowers are incredible. I love how you made them and was so impressed with how much time you put into them. They are beautiful, dear.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love the blooms with their button enters, they really pop against the greens.
Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

This is awesome, I love this wonderful bright colors!
Gorgeous!

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh this is really gorgeus Erika - love the colours and napkin especially.
Would make a great design for a book/journal cover.
What a fab challenge... will try and join in this :)
Gill xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful journal page love the vibrant green and the stamped flowers with the button centres-great idea and thank you for the welcome
carol x

Lowcarb team member said...

This is brilliant, so vibrant … I just love the greens, and the colourful flowers.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

Love your page this week. The garden is a terrific theme!