Wednesday, January 15, 2020

New Ink

Hi everyone.
I'm a little late in showing this holiday page, but it worked out because it fits Jo's challenge at Art Journal Journey. This month her challenge is something new, and the background on my page made with some green ink that I hadn't used before.
I had picked up a  pad of this Dyestress ink back in the fall because I found it on markdown and also because really liked the green. I didn't have any ink pads of this particular shade.  (It is the green one on the far left, right underneath the blue.) I was curious how this ink worked  (and how it compared to the Tim Hotlz reactive ink) so finally around Christmas I tried it out.
I stamped the leaves, and then with a wet paintbrush, I did a bit of smearing. I know that it isn't most wild or unusual technique, but I like the sneary leaves. I also used some grey-blue watercolor paint on the background, and I stamped the jingle bells words with some grey ink. The rest of the page is made with some stamped and colored images, some die cuts, a bit of red trim ribbon and also a cute little gnome picture.
It's the last mild today today before winter returns. They say more arctic cold is returning as well s a bit of snow. Yes, it is still January.
That's all for me today. Hope your week is going well.

13 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Cool technique. The gnome house and gnome is so cute. I heard weekend snow will turn over to rain. At least that’s my wish. Have a good day

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page Erika. It's always fun playing with new stash! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

I think it's cute -- it all works together and I love the cute images you chose. I have a thing for the red mushrooms as houses!

R's Rue said...

I love it.

Eileen Bergen said...

Terrific spread, Erika. I wouldn't mind celebrating Christmas all year long!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page spread! That green ink looks great and I enjoyed the different techniques, it goes beautifully with the holiday images and glittery die cuts - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey again! Stay warm! Hugs, Jo x

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Better late than never, Erika, and I enjoyed seeing your holiday pages even after the holiday because it's sad to see them go.

Mia said...

Your page is FABULOUS, Erika. Great scene and lovely design. And thank you so much for sharing the steps. You always inspire me, my friend. Kisses!

Iris Flavia said...

You threw me right back into childhood with this artwork!
It reminds me of The Smurfs a lot.
I even was presented with such a "mushroom-house".
The green is just fitting right, too. Getting colder here, too...
A nice day too you and hugs!

craftytrog said...

It's a beautiful page Erika! That green ink is gorgeous! xx

Meggymay said...

I love how the snow seems to glisten on the reindeer. its a fabulous winter page , I hope winter is going to be mild this year. I do like your new colour inks and the green looks a lovely shade.
Another great page for Jo's Art Journal Journey page,
Yvonne xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

very nice this journal .. a wonderful winter fairy tale !!!
Have a good Day, Elke

Words and Pictures said...

There's a lovely softness to the inky pine branches in the background - that new green pad is just right for winter greenery - and I do love the sparkly deer! A lovely winter page full of frosty sparkle.
Alison x