Saturday, January 18, 2020

Wintery Weather

Hi everyone. The weekend is here as well as is winter. At least here in New Hampshire. We've had  some cold temperatures, and the snow is coming. Sounds like a good weekend to stay inside by a warm wood stove fire, watch more movies, read and make a little art.
Well I guess I might have to do a bit of snow shovelling tomorrow, which is not my most favorite thing. Yet it is some exercise and fresh air, so I suppose there is even good in that. (Well, I don't know if it is really my kind of good though. Smile.)
But the winter weather did inspire me to make a tag for Tag Tuesday and their latest winter scenes challenge.
The tag is not about the shoveling, but the pretty views that come after snow. I used this vintage image of some birds on a fence. I attached it to my base, which is actually a flooring sample from a local big box hardware store. I picked up a couple of these on a recent trip there as I thought they might be a good art surface. Then I attached some various items to complete the tag.
After finished the tag I decided to use it on a page in my winter journal. 

I call my page winter blue to celebrate the gorgeous blue skies that come after a snowstorm blows out. I used my ink pad to make some interesting shapes on the background paper as well as color it. Then I used some pieces of tape, my tag, as well as some die cut, plastic and metal snowflake embellishments. 
And since I have never used the plastic flooring sample in art before, I will like this page up to Jo's challenge at Art Journal Journey also.
I hope you have a warmer, less wintery weekend than we are having!
Thanks for visiting.




21 comments:

R's Rue said...

So cute

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous wintry pages and a fantastic tag, love it! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

the winter motif is beautiful, romantic to watch. I am in love with your journal page!!!
have a nice day , Elke

kathyinozarks said...

Good evening, loving your wintry journal page with tag-really pretty blue too-enjoy the rest of your weekend-hugs Kathy

Michele said...

i'm so glad you linked this to tag tuesday! it is so lovely and nostalgic! xo

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! I love you wintry pages, the ink stamp pads worked wonderfully for your background and I love the images of the birds and how you added it to your pages - magic 😀. We have woken up to a carpet of frost this morning, unusual for us being by the sea. I may just have to hibernate in my craft room ...lol 😉. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your tag is beautiful, and what a great idea to use the floor sample as the base. I'll have to see if my local big box hardware store (Home Depot here) has those!! (I added a link to this post to my blog, as a reminder to myself.) Your Winter journal pages are gorgeous. They capture the essence of Winter.

We got all snow here in Connecticut, as far as I can tell. I don't think it ever changed to rain. I won't know how much is out there until the sun comes up, but my snow plow guy came, so that's not a good sign. :-(

Rike said...

The double page in your winter journal is gorgeous! I really like this background with these interesting shapes and the icy blue color! The tag is beautiful too and fits perfect onto this page, also the plastic and metal snowflakes!
Wish you a happy day! Hugs-Rike

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the snowflakes against that wintry blue background. Birds always add so much to a winter scene.

Caty said...

Your tag is Gorgeous Erika !! I like very much this vintage image with the cute birds on a fence. I loove your spread winter pages. The background is fantastic and beautiful embellishments too.
I wish you a very nice Sunday, and send big hugs,
Caty

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty page. I have the Winter Blues. I guess I shouldn't complain as you probably got more that the 3 inches of snow we got. At least the sun is shining and hopefully this stuff will be gone in a day or two. Enjoy your day!

Iris Flavia said...

This is beautiful!
Cold here, but no snow, thankfully.

sirkkis said...

Lovely spread, Erika.
Have a happy day xx

pinky said...

Oh wow, such beautiful work! I'm jealous of your talent!! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday xx

Chris said...

Fabulous double page spread! Gorgeous wintery blues, pretty snowflakes and a beautiful tag.
xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love the tag and how you added it to your gorgeous Wintery page! Chrisxx

Jeanie said...

I really like this spread. Wonderful colors and texture and of course the birds are perfect! Definitely winter! We came home to snow!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

To be honest, I've never heard of plastic flooring, but I sure love what you did. I'm also very pleased you shared this with Art Journal Journey using Jo's theme. Thanks again, dear.

Neet said...

I am, first of all, so thankful that we are not having the same (or similar) weather as you are. Pretty though snow is I don't like driving in it. It is pretty on cards though and your tag picture is lovely and evocative. What a brilliant idea to use a tile for the base and how good does it look in your journal.
A splendid idea to use your inkpad as you have, it creates a true picture of a winter sky ad I love how you have incorporated other things as well.
Stay safe and warm
Hugs, Neet xx

Eileen Bergen said...

Cool page, Erika ... if you get my drift. (wink)

The cool blue and white really feel like a wintry day and the spots of red add great punch. Eileen xx

WendyK said...

Fabulous tag, with the lovely robins. I too like putting tags in my journals. Thank you for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday.