Tuesday, January 7, 2020

The First Try It On Tuesday for the New Year

Hi everyone. It is time for the challenges at Try It On Tuesday to start up again after a short holiday hiatus. This year we have so many great challenges lined up for you, and our first one is a great way to start of the new year. It is  What a Cutie/ Make Someone Smile Today.


I went with the What a Cutie theme, as I saw this adorable little girl image on someone's blog last year and fell in love with her. She is adorable but looks like she has some spunk too. That is right up my alley. (And perfect for this Try It On Tuesday challenge too.)
Only I had no idea what stamp company made her or where she came from.
And then one day over the holidays when looking at some sale stamps online I came across this set
and there was that cute little girl. 
So today I am using her for the first time. The quote is an oldie from my stash that I stamped and cut into 3 smaller pieces.

Check out the inspiration from our design team also over at the Try It On Tuesday blog. I think is a challenge you are going to love!
And don't forget all kinds of art is accepted. So show us your cards, tags, 3D projects, journal pages, paintings, etc.

And I am also going to link up to Jo's Something New challenge at Art Journal Journey as I have my new stamp  to share on this journal page.

Thanks for visiting.


21 comments:

Marjut said...

Such a cutie little girl. Love the bright background and great design.
Have a nice Tuesday!

Meggymay said...

I can see how you fell for this cute stamp Erika, she is so sweet. Its a fantastic page, bright, happy and you added a lovely quote.
I'm happy you added this to Jo's Art Journal Journey theme as well.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

I love Carabelle Studio stamps - they've done some really cute ones. This is gorgeous, Erika. The background is just perfect and the words are wonderful!
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a gorgeous page! The little girl is super cute and I love the scene that you created with the clouds and balloons against the colourful background - perfect 😁. Thanks for sharing your new stamp set with us at Art Journal Journey too! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Rosie said...

A gorgeous page with the cute little girl, Erica

CJ Kennedy said...

What a happy page. A great way to start off the New Year. That stamp set is just adorable.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page and a very cute little girl. Hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

Cute 😃

Divers and Sundry said...

I definitely see that bit of spunk :) and it's a mind worth recapturing to be in that garden we remember from our childhood.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page - you were meant to have that stamp. Your little girl is definitely a cutie! Hugs,Chrisx

pinky said...

Gorgeous project! Love your colours and great stamps. You are such an inky genius!!

Iris Flavia said...

Such a cutie pie! I never knew you buy stamps like that.
Great work and thank you for the smile - hugs from here :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, Erika. This is amazing. I'm super impressed. Adorable, too. That background is so colorful and fun, and your little girl is SO sweet Thanks, too, for sharing her with us at Art Journal Journey.

craftytrog said...

This is such a sweet page Erika, I love everything about it! It made me smile! xxx

froebelsternchen said...

So cute, adorable Erika!
Big hugs, Susi

Jeanie said...

I love pink and yellow as a combo and you don't see it much. Very cute page!

Mrs.B said...

A belated Happy New Year Erika.
Love this page, so happy and cheerful and that little girl is so sweet, no wonder you fell in love with her and you added a lovely quote.
Avril xx

The Padre said...

You're Right, She Is Adorable

Cheers

Elkes Lebensglück said...

great idea and so sweet your page! Beautiful!!!
Have nice Day,
Elke

Neet said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the background you have created, and those balloons and clouds make it so interesting and break it up ever so nicely.
I can understand you falling in love with that little girl, she is so cute and those words are fantastic. Is that a stamp or did you make them up yourself?
Hugs, Neet xx

Words and Pictures said...

Those words are just wonderful - they made me take a little pause and have a little sigh - and I think you've conveyed their meaning just beautifully in your page. Wonderful.
Alison x