Hi everyone. Hope you are having a nice weekend. Today I am off to a gender reveal get together. It's the first time I've ever been to one of these types of parties. More about that in some other post, but this party might mean I get a bit behind (once again) visiting blogs.
Today I'm joining Nicole for her SITAR/Sunday in the Art Room and also Gillena for her Sunday Smiles.
After several very busy days, finally in the middle of last week I had a couple of days to myself. π I love having days to myself, but then again, I like to do things too. In the big scheme it's nice to have a bit of a balance. One thing that always gives me balance is having some art time. And one thing I've been wanting to do for a while is pull out my Gelli plate and do some mono printing.
Since I had the day to myself, it was time play.
It's been quite a while since I last printed. Maybe even close to a year. Not that anything was stopping me from doing it. Sometimes I just get into the swing of something, and I have to practically hit myself in the head πto move onto something different.
It actually took me several pulls to my technique back. I love to layer images over other images when I Gelli print. However, my first few pieces just ended up all brown muddy YUK. I must have forgotten how to layer I guess. π However, no page, however a mess, is really a waste. I'll show you how I fixed those further down in this post. But first, here's a few prints that I like.
I brought in a few squash leaves from the garden. I also pulled out a sunflower mask I had. Mostly I played with those items, as well as some ripped up paper and a couple of stencils.
This next one is just color but I really like how it came out. The fine lines are from a plastic roller I have that is striped. It's meant for working with clay, but it also works great with a Gelli plate.
And now for the muddy brown ones. On these first 2, I used the sunflower mask and then I pulled out some bright paints which really popped off the mud. On the last one I managed to get some muddy brown textured sunflowers, and then I added the bright pink sunflowers.
I can't say I'm 100% happy with the muddy brown ones, but they are growing on me. And at least, if I decide I don't want to use them as they are, I can cut them up and use bits and pieces.
That's all for me. I hope you have a great rest of your weekend and start to the new week.
19 comments:
What fun! Sometimes it does take a few misses when going back to something I haven't done for a while, so I know what you mean. But eventually the hits start coming. :-) And you saved the muddy ones beautifully.
...Erika I like your adventures in gelli printing. I've been intrigued by them. Hoping the you are have a wonderful August weekend.
Fantastic art.
Happy Sunday, Erika
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles
Much love
So beautiful! 2nd one is my favourite!
I haven't done gelli in probably seven or eight years. I always liked it though and hang onto my mat for "someday, just in case!"
I've only tried Gelli printing a couple of times. I'm nowhere near as skilled as you! You got some lovely floral prints here!
OMGosh! These are stunning!!!! I would like to know exactly how you did this. Personally l love the what you call the brown muddy ones. That bright pink or fuchsia is gorgeous. What a fun day you had. These are all brilliant. Thank you for sharing with SITAR and have a lovely Sunday.
They came out so good.
These are beautiful, Erika! I love them all! You have tremendous talent! Thank you so much for sharing!
Lovely work
I've not attended a gender reveal party either, I hope you enjoyed it.
I certainly enjoyed seeing the art you've shared today.
Enjoy the remainder of Sunday and have a good week ahead.
All the best Jan
A 'Gelli' day is always fun and you never quite know what you'll end up with as with your brown ones, but chances are they will be just right for something one of these days.
As for gender reveal parties, moving times I guess. Our eldest Granddaughter had one and it was lost on me initially why all the balloons were shades in pink! Our eldest Grandson and wife by comparison are following the old fashioned route and want a surprise in October.
B x
B x
Wow, I´ve never tried this - they came out wonderful! Interesting about the party. I am happy I am happy with who I am. What Ingo tells me about men´s toilets at work is "horrible", LOL. Perth has loads of same sex toilets, not the case here (of course, we live behind a rock). Hugs
I wish we lived closer, so you could show me your enthusiasm for the Gelli. I HAD to have one and once I got it, I hated it. Your sunflowers turned out great. Happy SITAR and Sunday Smiles.
I have to ask, “What is a gender reveal party?” I know of very simple ways to achieve the desired results, but that would obviously thwart the intentions of the party. The results of your Gelli printing experimentation are stunning. Maybe they contain a secret gender revealing code. You will have to let us know! All the best - David
I want to come over to your house to play with the Gelli plate. One nice thing about artwork you're not thrilled about, you can tear it up to use as collage. Waste not, want not. Rainy day and a good art day. Stay dry and have fun!
Oh Wow these are amazing. The other day when I was in my craft room I spotted my supplies for this-since Larry's accident I have not been inspired to try this out yet-sounds like a perfect fall project for me so glad you posted this Happy new week hugs Kathy
I always enjoy your artwork and am very interested in the process so thanks for sharing that Erika. Enjoy your gender reveal party, I have never been to one of those either. Happy week to you :)
what papers did you use? thanks can I just use copy paper-or too thin?
Post a Comment