Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week. Today I am sharing a couple of pieces of art for a few challenges.
My first piece is for my In The Good Old Summertime challenge over at Art Journal Journey . I'm also linking this up to Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge #129. Their theme is always Anything Goes.
I used some yellow striped paper to represent a beach towel or blanket on the sand. I hope it looks that way. 😏 To make the background I first painted yellow stripes to coordinate with the ones on the beach blanket/towel paper. However, together they looked terrible. I had to fix it, so to do that I then inked the whole page with some juicy yellow and light yellow-green inks. Now the page was starting to look better. To finish the background, I rubbed some brown ink to add a bit more sand texture. You might also notice that I inked the striped paper that was the beach blanket/towel too. If you wonder why I didn't leave the blanket/towel paper uncolored, it was because it was dark yellow and white, and the white just seemed too stark with all my other coloring additions.
In the middle of the page I added my take on the waves at the beach. I used some blue ink on a Hero Arts background stamp. I thought the design looked like water and waves, so I cut out a strip out and added it. Then I used a sheet of Graphic 45 paper and fussy cut the fish. The starfish are a very old Sizzix embossing folder. After I embossed them I inked them to highlight the embossing. Then I fussy cut them. I also added a little gemstone detail. The scallops are both stickers and some fussy cut ones from my Ciao Bella ephemera book. The die cut quote is another oldie from my stash, and then I finished my page with a couple of fussy cut sentiments from the same ephemera book that the scallops came from.
I also have a tag to share. I'll be linking this up to this month's Fashion challenge over at Tag Along (and ATCs too). Pinky is hosting and if fashion is not your thing, they always accept the theme of Anything Goes also.
My tag is all about Back to School fashions, although I have mixed feelings about the way my tag looks. Not the tag itself, but how it photographed. I always find I have a hard time getting things that are red to look in the photo like they do in person. 😉
I used an AALL&Create tag die to make the tag itself. I also used an AALL&Create back to school stamp set by Janet Klein for all the images. The little student is mounted first on some notebook style paper that I then fussy cut around the image. I found this made her stand out more on the page than just gluing her down directly.
I added a scrap of paper along the bottom and some leftover small scraps of door screening that were laying on my work table. On top of the screening, I added a few plastic confetti apples to go along with the stamped and glittered glued apples on the tag. I also had this tan scrap of paper on my work table. Since one edge looks like it was pulled out of a spiral ring notebook, I added it to the bottom. It seemed to fit the back to school theme of the tag.
That's all for me today. I hope you're having a good week, and thanks for stopping by my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment