Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I hope you're having a nice weekend. Mine's been busy, so if I haven't been by, I will be once things settle down a bit. 😉
Today I'll be joining Nicole for her Sunday in the Art Room (SITAR) challenge and Gillena for her Sunday Smiles. I'm also going to start this post with another journal page for my In The Good Old Summertime challenge at Art Journal Journey.
This page is part of a journal I made using some things from my stash along with some items from a Ciao Bella ephemera book. (I am NOT brand endorsing them, just mentioning this because I used a whole lot of this Rivera collection throughout my journal.)
To keep the background light and summery, I used some green and some light blue paint to make some rough stripes. Then I took a piece of printed paper with some darker green and blue check and cut it so it would make a slightly oversized frame for the photo. The photo is from a packet of Tim Holtz photos. I then added the citrus fruit stickers to help frame out the old photo.
I finished by die cutting the Adirondack chair out of white paper and inking it light blue to blend in with the stripes a bit. I finish by stamping the quote which is an old one without a brand on the wood base. Easy peasy. I love how just a few random assorted items can end up telling a story! It looks like it was a great day for this group of people. 👍
I'll finish this post with a few summer views to go along with my summer themed page. Since there's flowers and plants in the background in the photo on my page, let me share the gardens/flowers in my yard. You'll also notice there aren't many close ups. With my shoulder issues I can't get much weeding done, but from afar, they look thick and full of luscious growth in that later summer overgrown mode.
Have a super rest of your weekend and start to the new week.
1 comment:
I really like the simplicity of the page, which really allows the photo to be the focal point. This is another one that could be a great prompt for a poem or story :-) Your surrounding definitely are thriving this summer. I hope you have many more summery days to enjoy.
Post a Comment