Hi everyone. It's Tuesday once again, and time for another new challenge at Try It On Tuesday.
Before I get to our new challenge, let me thank everyone who joined us for our last challenge, Summer Blooms. And thank you Chris for being our guest designer. I can tell many of you love flowers and gardens as much as I do because there was a lot of beautiful art.
This time our new challenge is much more open-ended and all you need is some color. Our new challenge is MAKE IT COLORFUL.
I was using up some pink-purple paint one day and decided to use an old foam stamp to make some flowers on a page. I really wasn't thinking of this challenge at first, but then I decided that the flowers needed color and why not use a lot of them. Here's my Make It Colorful piece.
After my stamped flowers dried, I used some paint pens to color in my flowers. I also used some paint pens to add a bit of detail to the centers. Then I used some yellow paint and another foam stamp to added a few smaller flowers to the background. My background was still too white, so I used a bit of paint (blue, green and yellow) and a crumpled of kitchen roll/paper towel to add just a few splotches. I then used some green polka dot paper to hand cut a few random shaped leaves. I glued those down and used a marker to add a bit of detail. Finally I stamped a the dragonflies, used markers to fill in a bit of color, and stamped the quote which comes from an old Hero Arts stamp set.
As always, you have 2 weeks to join us at Try It on Tuesday. I hope you're feeling full of color and do so. Remember we accept any type of art, as long as it fits the challenge.
I'm also linking this journal page up to my August challenge at Art Journal Journey. This month the theme is In The Good Old Summertime. Flowers definitely fit that challenge. But please remember only art journaling (of any kind) is accepted at Art Journal Journey.
Thanks for visiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment