Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Time for a New Challenge

    Hi everyone. It's time for a new challenge once again over at Try It on Tuesday

   But first, Thank you Leslie for joining us as a guest designer for our Make It Colorful challenge. And thank you everyone who joined us. It's always fun to  see how people interpret a theme, especially one that's as open as color.

  For our new challenge, we're asking you to be Inspired by a Song


   I always have a hard time picking songs because I want to pick one that most people know or recognize. My inspirational song (which might be obvious) on my page is Lemon Tree.  I know the Peter, Paul and Mary version, but I'm not sure if they were the other version but I think there's been a few.  Here's the chorus, which is the part most people might recognize.

  
   To make my journal page,  I started with some printed background paper. I then fussy cut the lemons from a sheet of very large paper that I've had for a long time. In fact, I bought this sheet (along with a couple of others) back in 2005 in a paper shop I happened to come across while walking around Rome, Italy. I definitely needed to make my page feel warm and sunny because I clearly remember it was a warm and sunny day when I bought this paper. 

   The lemon tree part comes from a clear stamps set, which I think is from an old Hero Arts set. I stamped, colored and fussy cut it.  The window comes from a  Ciao Bella ephemera and junk journal book, and it is a clear sticker that I fussy cut. To finish my page, I used some blue ink and stamped the quote.

   Don't forget to check out the other song examples from my design teammates. As always, this challenge at Try It On Tuesday runs for the next 2 weeks and we accept any type of art.

   It hope to see your  song  choice inspired art over at TIOT. 

  I'm also linking up my journal page up to my In The Good Old Summertime challenge at Art Journal Journey.  This challenge runs until the end of the month, and please remember we only accept art journaling (of any kind). 

   

  

12 comments:

Tom said...

...ah, Peter, Paul and Mary are favorites, I went to one of Peter's concerts about 10 years ago.

Hels said...

I haven't heard the 1962 Peter, Paul and Mary version for decades, but I knew the words and chorus the second I saw your post. Some things a person never forgets!!

brenda said...

A bit of an Italian/Amalfi feel to this one Erika, really like the design and would fit my kitchen wall very nicely.

B x

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's a very summery, mediterranean feel to your visual interpretation of lemons!

Jeanie said...

I love lemons. This is a pretty one!

Shari Burke said...

That's an excellent page! I don't think I've ever heard the song.

DVArtist said...

I totally forgot about that song. Your art is perfect for the lemon song. It is actually quite stunning.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure I've heard that song before, but I like your interpretation of it. This is a fun entry using your theme at AJJ.

sirkkis said...

Really beautiful AJ page with lovely memories from Italy 🇮🇹 🤩
Enjoy summer🌞🏖️

Meggymay said...

Its my favourite version of the song as well Erika, A fantastic page and those lemons look ready to pop a slice into a cool drink.
Having my usual brose to see your recent posts.

Iris Flavia said...

This is very beautiful, but immediately thought of this by Fools Garden!
My English teacher, from Great Britain, his name was Peter and you can guess ;-), hugs - he was a wonderful teacher!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The words of that song recall an era when folk groups were at the forefront of protest and societal change. We need such a movement again today. All the best - David