Hi everyone. Happy weekend to you. I hope yours is going well. Yesterday we said goodbye to my mother-in-law and buried her ashes with her husband (my father-in-law). She passed back in February at age 93, but getting the whole family together proved an issue as one granddaughter had a baby in the early summer and then there were people's already planned vacations that got in the way. The funeral wasn't a big affair except for immediate family and some very close friends that came up from DC where they now live. It was very good to see them, especially their daughter who had been living overseas for quite a few years.
Since funerals always leave me emotionally exhausted, I thought I'd perk myself up by sharing some more photos from my husband's and my recent trip to Prince Edward Island (PEI). I'll be linking up to Nicole's SITAR/Sunday in the Art Room and also to Gillena's Sunday Smiles.
Here's a few other views of the sky and the "sights" to wrap up my photos from our little cabin in Bedeque, Prince Edward Island. If you missed the first 2 posts, you can find them here and here. I don't think today's photos are quite as dramatic as the last 2 posts, but they are still worth sharing.
For some reason when I look at this first photo I think of the little houses on a Monopoly game board. 😏 And below, close to sunset I went outside and noticed this hawk hunting off a long a hedgerow a few houses down. I knew from its behavior that it was a Northern Harrier, having watched the one that lives at Salisbury State Reserve in Massachusetts several times when I've gone on one of my winter birding adventures.
The Harrier was a bit far off even with my zoom lens. Sadly my go-to camera lens (a Tamron 18-400x) stopped working over the summer. When I went to replace it, everything now seems to be for the new mirror- less cameras instead of the DSL that I have. I have another straight zoom that goes up to 300x, and that's what I was using, but I was really missing the Tamron's wider range. I also have a mega-lens (as my husband calls it), but I left it home not figuring I would need it for the general types of trip photos. I could have used it for these photos though. 🤷
Anyhow, this top photo was just with a bit of cropping, and the other were not cropped.
I included this next photo because not only can you see the harrier, but you can see the Confederation Bridge plus even a couple trucks driving on it.
Sunset night two was still beautiful, but not as dramatic as night one.
When we first arrived to the cabin, we had been driving for a good chunk of the day. Pete and I went down on the beach and went for a little beach comb. The stairs down looked a little tough for Maddie (not being able to see them) so she and my husband relaxed on up on the lawn .
Here's the road out to the cabin looking back towards town, taken the first afternoon.
These next 2 photos were taken of the clothesline at the cabin. I thought it would make interesting photos. BUT, I could never get a shot without getting the power lines in.
I also couldn't ignore the purple asters that were growing in the hedgerows.

I hope you've enjoyed the photos from the little cabin we stayed in our first couple of nights in PEI. As I mentioned in both of my other posts, I never expected this place to have so many photogenic moments. Of course I saw lots of other beautiful views on the island as well as in Nova Scotia, which I will get around to sharing with you in future posts.
But for now, have a great rest of your weekend and start to the new week.
No comments:
Post a Comment