Thursday, October 1, 2026

Happy October

  Hi everyone. Happy new month to you. Holy cow it's October already! That means it's time for a new challenge over at Art Journal Journey.

    First I want to once again say  "thank you" to Sharon who was our September host over at AJJ. I also want to thank everyone who joined in also. September was a cool and crisp autumn like month in my area, so the Hello Autumn theme was perfect.

   This month I want to welcome my talented blog friend and co-admin Mia as host. You probably know her from her blog Craftartista. I just love the idea of her theme this upcoming month which is:

BEAUTIFUL WORLD


    Mia talks about autumn in her AJJ write up. In some places autumn is a bit different from the traditional turning leaves and cooler days and nights. I was thinking of that when I made this page. I was also thinking about how, once the weather cools off, I often do some nostalgic looking  back to summer. Autumn sometimes makes me feel  bittersweet, about summer and about other moments in my life. 

   To make my page I used some printed paper pieces to cover up the watercolor paper base. Then I used the same Ciao Bella junk journal image book you saw frequently back on my summer journal pages in August. I cut out the beach scene and also the man standing on the bottom left. I think he is like me, looking back on summer and feeling sentimental, remembering wearing his swimsuit and seeing this beautiful woman on the boardwalk.

   To bring in an autumn theme I fussy cut all the sunflowers, and to make them a bit more autumn added some flat orange beads to their centers. I also used a 49 and Market worn looking paper frame. The quote is stamped on a piece of blue paper, and I thought it also worked for my sentimental fall look back.

  Let me remind you of our dreaded rules at AJJ. Please, we only accept art journaling, of any kind. We do not accept cards, tags, ATC's and other art forms.  And let me also remind you that you need to link up through a blog post as not all of us admins have every type of social media there is. If you do link up we cannot necessarily comment on your post.

  Saying that, I hope you are excited about it being a Beautiful World, and you'll join Mia with some journaling this month. 

   



No comments: