Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Some Favorite Photos from PEI-Sunrise

  Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday. I  hope you are having a super week.

  Sometimes when you look back on a trip and try to decide what  stood out, the results surprise you. When we first arrived in Prince Edward Island (PEI), we stayed in  this little cabin colony for 2 nights that was out of the way but also not very far from the Confederation Bridge. I booked it because 1) it had good reviews, 2) it was dog friendly, 3) it wasn't crazy expensive and 4) because it was right on the water. Even though it was not really sit on the beach weather, I thought it would be nice to be able to walk the beach.

  What I didn't know when I booked this place was how many photographs I would be able to take right there. It was a great spot for sunrise and sunset views.  Plus I had a couple of exciting  bird sightings too. I took so many photos here that I might will need to do a second post to share them all. 😏


    Here's our little cabin, the smallest of them all, right on the end. It wasn't fancy but it was quite comfortable. On both of the mornings we stayed here, I was up to see the sunrise and to walk the dogs. 


   The back side of the cabin looked out on some potato fields which made a great wide open space to watch the sun come up.




 Plus, since this  area was not crowded with a lot of houses, I could walk the dogs down the road leaving Pete off leash. He's very very good off leash, and we didn't meet a soul. (Maddie needs to be leashed since, as many of you know,  she is blind.)


   Plus we had  an ocean view too.


   And we could even see Seacow Lighthouse, although I did have to zoom to get this photo.


   The cabin had a large plate glass window that looked over the lawn and water.  After one of my morning walks I was sitting on the couch with my breakfast when I noticed  a large white tailed bird fly by the window. I put my breakfast down, grabbed my camera and headed out to see if the Bald Eagle was still around. 


    Luckily he/she was.  He/she actually perched on this tree top for quite some time.





   Here's a few more photos I took  once the eagle flew off.



  These next few photos were taken when we first arrived. This first one is the view out to the ocean from our little deck.


   And here's a couple of views from when we walked down by the water.



  And yes, I will have to write a second post with sunset photos and a few others. I'm sure you will be waiting on the edge of your seat for those. Smile.  But I promise that if you like dramatic sunsets, I have some photos that will make it worth the wait.

  Have a super day.














   

No comments: