Monday, October 5, 2026

T Stands for Garden Cleanup

   Hi everyone. Happy new week to you. And hello to everyone who stops by Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog for T day.

   What's  new with me since now I'm home from my travels? First of all I am still in PT for my shoulder/arm and have an MRI scheduled for next week. My shoulder is doing a lot better, but my arm is still sore. The physical therapist thinks I have a bicep muscle injury, and I agree with her. I believe I injured it back last winter when my husband was down and out with his herniated disc and I was doing some "heavy lifting" because it was quite sore then. The thought is it wasn't quite healed when I started all my spring gardening, and I've reinjured it. I also wonder if it has to do with my thyroid, and I'll be getting that tested once I get rescheduled with my Primary care doctor. I was supposed to see her this week, but she's out on  a personal medical leave herself. The office says they believe she'll be back at the end of October and will reschedule me then. So for now,  let's see what the MRI says. 

   When we first got home a week ago we had some wet and windy days. Once that weather improved I decided it was time to go do some garden clean up. Luckily the clean up isn't very heavy duty, and my goal for the past weekend was to get some of it done.  The biggest thing was to pull out most of the veggies and trim back a few perennials.  I had hoped to put in a little stone patio this fall, but I am not going to do anything to make my arm worse. 

   Here's the veggie garden before I did any cleaning up.


    In some ways I hated to pull out some of the veggie plants because they were still producing.  But, with the prediction for some almost freezing temperatures a few nights this upcoming week, they wouldn't have produced for very long anyhow.



   You can see up against the greenhouse I still have kale, carrots and beets growing. Plus, there is some lettuce in one of the raised beds that I planted at the end of August. I've decided to cover that and see if I can get some more growth because lettuce actually prefers it chilly.


   It was a super garden season for me; my best in several years. But autumn is here as so many of the flowers are telling me.




  I still have a few blooms though, including some roses which have had a super second round of blooming.






    Let's see how long it will be until they are done too.

  Anyhow, I need a drink to share for my ticket to T this week, so let me share my new 2 sided mug that I bought while away in Canada. We visited the Nova Scotia Museum of Art in Halifax mainly because I wanted to see the Maud Lewis art. I will share her work in another post (my other 2 Canada posts are here and  here if you missed them and are curious) once I get a chance to go through my photos better. However, I really love her art so I wanted a souvenir of the visit. Here is my mug, both sides, when I had some tea one afternoon last week.



    They had several choices in 2 sides mugs, and I chose this one because we had visited many Nova Scotia harbors and also (even though the color wasn't this bold) it was autumn. I liked the size of this mug too; it's tall, thin and on the smaller size. I have plenty of big mugs, so it's nice to have one that isn't quite so large.

   That's it for me. Wishing everyone a happy T day and  week ahead. 


No comments: