Saturday, January 23, 2010

I love Saturdays


This morning the sun is shining but it is COLD. Like 8 degrees F. I desperately wanted to go for a walk in the morning sun and stretch my stiff body, but its too chilly. So I sat and paddled around in the hot tub and got some morning sun and its amazing how good that makes me feel.
This morning I need to paint more bathroom in its very sunny yellow (am saving photos for when its more finished) and work on a wedding card my cousin asked me to make. Need to do some mock ups, but I admit I'm over thinking this.
So I've had some MORE thoughts about turning 50, and here is what I've decided. My 40's were WONDERFUL. Past the baby thinking 30s-it got to be quite an obsession for me since after I had Katie I found out Dave and I couldn't have any more kids. That was sooooo hard for me. But the 40's, put me past that age. I discovered art, and its what I REALLY needed. I wanted to be a writer before that, and its a nobel persuit, but for my brain- I see stories in a picture, a snippet, and art lets me tell those stories so much better. Art saved me from the baby issue.
And travel, what I always wanted when I was younger, and I finally said hey, what's stopping me? Do it before you can't and then you regret. And I have been traveling a lot in my 40's and that was great. Plus I've gotten to be more ok with me, and worked on the mom issue with my mom (though will I ever accept that?). I have a great home and a great family.
So todays photos are some tags I used in my scrap book of Paris. I love tags to break up the big pages. The top one of the Eiffel Tower is my intrro to that section of the scrapbook. The wine one tells a story on the back and the bottom one is just a piece of collage art that's fun and maybe a little French.
Hey yesterday I took a trip to my fav. craft store- haven't been there since early Nov., since I am TRYING to be good, and bought this book with my coupon about 1000 creative ideas to recycle. Some nifty ideas in there- some a bit bizzare- but I would love to work on doing some mroe green craft, a bit like my bottom tag where I've recycled some paper pieces.
Anyhow, happy Saturday!

No comments: