Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Making Chili

A good bowl of chili is always a great dinner on a raw winter's night, and last night that's just what I did when I came home from work. A way to celebrate the end of the semester at school...a nice big pot of Chili.
I love this book, chili recipes from all 50 states...have been trying chili from various states, but so far the favorite in my house is Massachusetts Chili-could it be since Dave and I were both born there? LOL.  But there's some others I have yet to try...last night I did the old standby though-only this time I did it on the stove rather than the crock pot.
Chili Nation
My goal is to get through all 50 Chilis...someday.

So today's piece of art us this close up of a card I made on Sunday using this cool Earth Art clear stamp. I stamped the moose and white and colored him in using my Copics and then I cut him out. Before I attached him I rubbed the whole image with some Mango ink to darken it. On green cardstock I stamped some pine trees (Hero Arts) in 2 shades of dark green ink. I die cut the circle (Sizzix) on some lightly polka dotted paper and attached it and then glued down some brown velvet ribbon. Finally I put some pop-dot glue/foam stickies so Mr. Moose would stand up off the card. The saying is from Cats Life Press rubber stamps.

No comments: