Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blogger's Challenge

I don't know why making Halloween art is so much fun for me. I suspect it might have to do
with the fact that you can really let go and get weird. Not that this card is weird. In fact it looks quite finished and traditional.
What you can't tell from this photo is that there is a black design on the background card stock. See I had been stenciling some black images and then took the stencil, turned it over, and rubbed off the extra paint onto a few cards. Before I decorated them of course.
On this card I first added this polka dot frame sticker from Making Memories that has been sitting in my stash. I then stamped the Witches Brew Recipe (Stamp Francisco) on white and rubbed a terra cota ink pad to color it. The kitty (Paper Artsy) was also stamped in that ink, and then cut out.  The hat and the brown are both die cuts from Life Style Crafts/Quickutz which is colored and glued down. Finally I added the sticker (also Making Memories) of the cauldren and added some bright glow green Stickles to make the drippy, bubbly brew.
Last year I decided to make 31 Halloween cards for the 31 days of the month. I actually went over the 31. This year I am well on my way too. Not that I am trying to make 31 cards this year. As I said, I am just having a bunch of fun creating.
Enjoy your Tuesday and hope to see you again soon.

2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

great recipe! Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful Halloween card - love how you added the added images onto your fame! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!