Saturday, May 4, 2013

10 Things Saturday

Today, 
10 signs of spring

1- It is getting light when I get up just before 5am for work. And at night it is light until almost 8.

2-
Rhubarb is well up! Can't wait until I can pick it and make a strawberry rhubarb pie.

3-
By now all the daffodils popped open.

4-
The local ice cream stands are starting to open up, or if not open yet, they are cleaning up-putting up awnings- getting ready to open!!!

5-
And there are other blooms bursting in my garden. My hyacinths are brightening up my yard too.

6-
Need to mow the lawn pretty soon-like maybe today and tomorrow. If we had some rain it would look like a hayfield. But it has gotten SO green.


7-
And the leaves should just about be popping out. In fact, surprise they aren't out by now since we've seen so much sun and warm 70 degree weather this week.

8-
Forsythia are blooming right now too. I don't have any in my yard but pass these on my walk.

9.
And my cherry tree named Al is blooming.
(It is called Al after my dad as it was a gift from my co-workers when he passed away).

10.
And finally, another big excitement for me-
My screen porch is getting opened up. Should be able to finish it this weekend.
Plus I brought a chair out and I can sit outside and enjoy the nice weather- as long as those blasted little black flies don't get too bad.

That's it for today. We are off to get Dave's new truck- 
Have a super duper Saturday everyone!

No comments: