Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Here Comes the Bride

Here's a journal page I recently made. I've been using those Tim Holtz found relative cards a lot recently, mainly because I've left a pile of them out on my work table. I don't think either of these folks look old enough to be getting married, but since its an old photo and times do change...maybe it was more common then. Wonder how old this photo actually is?
So my page is a polka dot Gelli print background on some tan paper. I stamped the writing image  all around the edges and stenciled the numbers. I sketched the flowers and painted them, then I outlined them with a white pen. I added the stamped trumpets and a few stamped words, and colored the bride's flowers. Then I cut the edges of the page into rough scallops. I think that dresses it up a little bit. I also added one of these little clothe butterflies. I got a pack of them as a freebie when I bought some other supplies a while back, so I figured I might as well use them.
So it has become fall here finally! The nights have become really chilly!
Brrr-makes it hard to roll out of bed and get moving. Guess summer is really just about over. But I will say it is easier to get back into the work mood and much better than the high heat and humidity we had a couple of weeks ago.
Enough about the weather. Time to get moving.
Have a super day and thanks for stopping by to visit.

2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page, great background, and love the photo of the bridal couple. Here it's chilly too, and today its pouring all day, drip, drip, drip....Good weather to stay home and have fun! Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

I looked up about the October Fest. It started in 1800 and something to celebrate a royal wedding, and then it was in October. As everybody liked it, the tradition was kept up, and changed to September because the nights are a bit warmer and longer, which gives more time for drinking beer and feasting!

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful page! The white accents are great!
It's much colder here as well!
brrr.
oxo
Susi