Thursday, April 2, 2020

April 2

Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a good first day of the new month. 
Today's post begins with a second look at some art from last year. 
It is the second of the month so time for Second on the Second at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog
This post was from April of 2019. I chose it for 2 reasons. First there are lots of circles on the page and circles are geometric shapes as are being featured this month at Art Journal Journey's latest challenge. Nope, I am not linking this page as it is not new art., but  now I am noticing geometric shapes when I look at things.
I also chose this page because the flower is actually a plastic sheet that came under a cake. I cut it and painted/stamped the middle and and turned it into the edge of a giant flower. And I thought it would be nice to show some recycled art since our lovely hostess Elizabeth is celebrating recycled art this month.
Plus it celebrates spring.  I am all for spring right now.
And I have more circles in a new page which I will link tor Valerie's geometric shape challenge at  Art Journal Journey
I used up some pink paint with a circle stencil on this mop up page. Before I added the seagrass and the deep sea creatures, the page was saying ocean to me.  So I painted some seagrass, did a bit of stamping and die cut an octopus and created my underwater scene. 
That's all for me today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog.


16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, I love both pieces, and they fit wonderfully to my geometric theme. Love the contrast of the pink and green in your underwater world, I wouldn't mind going for a swim there. Love the pink octopus!
Have a nice day and don't work too hard! Hugs, Valerie

Karen said...

Beautiful colors! bright happy images ~ I love how you added the white dots and black lines to the sea grass and your octopus and sea horses are awesome ~ Blessings

Birgit said...

I love this page you created which, I thought was a garden theme until I saw the seahorses and the octopus. It’s still a garden but an underwater one. Love the colours

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy pages and dreaming of trip to the beach when the pandemic is over. Take care.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember that floral journal page. I also remember how impressed I was with the plastic "flower" from under a cake. You found a great way to think outside the box (or cake stand). STILL love it, dear. Thanks for sharing it as your second look on the 2nd.

I was blown away by your under water scene. I was quite surprised that the octopus was a die cut. Will wonders ever cease? I love the grasses you painted and the various fish in the sea, too. Really clever take on Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

Have fun at "school" and please stay safe, Erika.

R's Rue said...

❤️

Neet said...

Hi Erika - I would never have realised the centre of that huge flower came from a cake! What a fab idea - I will look at things like that in a different light from now on.
Love the colour of your mop up page, especially the dark blue at the bottom. Definitely says ocean to me too and now you have put in the grass and the creatures (love that octopus) it is obviously an oceanic page
Hugs, neet x
ps hope you are staying safe and well

Rika said...

so beautiful, i love the seahorses.

DVArtist said...

These are fabulous! I love the under the sea. Be safe and Elbow hugs.

Barbara said...

I think circles would have said bubbles, thus ocean, to me too. Isn’t it fun when a piece directs itself along the way?!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I love that flower!
And on Monday I follow you, kinda, with under the sea :-)

Words and Pictures said...

Old and new are both great. I love your seahorses (such extraordinary, miraculous creatures) floating above the wavy green seaweed. And those vivid bubbles add such a joyful touch.
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Both of your pages are fabulous Erika! Love those seahorses! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

I love how you cleverly incorporated your art into the current challenges. I love the colors. They make me happy.

Meggymay said...

A super revisit Erika. Your new page grabbed me with the sea horses, it looks fantastic and quite magical with the pink bubbles. Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Erika, I love this scene - so happy and so much to look at! The pink bubbles are my favorite - they make it happy and even more fun. Super way to use geometric shapes. Great page from last year too! Be well.