Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Black and White plus 1 extra Color

Hello everyone. It is already time for the new challenge at Try It On Tuesday  Are you ready for black and white with 1 extra color


Here's my take.
I began by stenciling the background with black paint and also with some black glitter paste. Then I literally got stuck  and didn't know where to go. So I dug around in my happy place and found this left over star shape back from my scrapbooking days. Now I had some inspiration.  
I outlined the star with a reed marker, stamped the quote along its edges, and also added some dotted lines. I glued it on my page, added some label maker tape, stamped the moon and then drew the telescope and the social distancing lady. 
I am also linking up to the geometric challenge over at Art Journal Journey where you also have a few more days to participate. Valerie's challenge  goes until the end of the month.
And if you need some inspiration, be sure to check out the other design team member's art at the Try It On Tuesday website.
Thanks for visiting my blog. 

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, love your stargazer. Great idea. And thanks for linking to AJJ, too, much appreciated, you have been such a great support this month. Stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I remember those label makers! It was always a pain ;-)
How my Dad would´ve loved your work!!! I still remember the darn cold nights he dragged us out of bed to watch the sky through his Celestrons.
Thank you for the memory and hugs from here.

Helen said...

LOVE your art journal spread!!! That background is spectacular as is the lady looking through the telescope! Awesome!!! Hope you are doing great!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous page! It's such a cool design, I love your background with the fabulous star, moon and star gazer lady - amazing 😁. Happy wishes! Big hugs, Jo x

Caty said...

What a so Gorgeous Art journal page Erika !! I loove this beautiful background you have created, and this Star is super lovely, Great idea to put the moon inside. Love the lady you have drawn and the telescope. Amazing inspiration at TioT.
I wish you a very nice day, stay safe and healthy dear friend,
Biig hugs, Caty

Cath Wilson said...

Wonderful page, Erika. Such a striking design with such a small amount of red popping colour! Love it.
Cath x

Meggymay said...

I wouldn't have guessed that you had been stuck with this page's design. It looks awesome and has super details with the figure looking through his telescope. The red trim is super for the new TioT's theme as well as for AJJ.
Stay safe
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a brilliant page - I love the lady with her telescope! The background and that touch of red are perfect! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

I love the neutral palette here -- and the "stitch" marks around the star are great, along with the quote.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your design here, and I love black, white, and red together :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing take on the theme, Erika. It's wonderful. Finding that star made YOU a star!! Great job. Love how you included social distancing, too. It's also perfect for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

*Wow* I like the fascinating design very much and with the shapes as a background!
Take care, hugs Elke

Eileen Bergen said...

Great page, Erika. I like your social distancing lady who is going to such extremes - lol.

Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

nwilliams6 said...

What a great bg! Super cool design and then the direction you took is fabulous! Love the giant star but absolutely love your telescope and social distancing girl. Fun page!!!!!

Marjut said...

Fantastic page, Erika. Take care!