Saturday, November 28, 2020

Not Impossible

Hi everyone. It's Saturday, and this morning I am heading out for a trail walk with my work lady friends. We have been meeting as a group  once a month for an outside dinner, but then covid got too out of control as well as the temperatures getting too cold to eat outside, so we decided a walk would be safest route to go.  There's 4 of us, and I haven't seen most of them since early October, so I am looking forward to doing some catching up and getting some calorie burning exercise after eating all that Thanksgiving pie. Smile.
 I know I owe some of you visits. It's on my agenda for later today. I'd hope to be more productive this morning, but time has gotten away from me. 
My daughter left last evening (Friday) after we spent yesterday chopping our tree and then even getting it put up. I'll show you some photos tomorrow.



As November starts to wind down, I thought a cheery bird page might be the right thing for today. 


 It is already day 28 of  Art Everyday Month
It took several steps made the pink part of the background. The toucan is a stamp and I dressed him up with some accessories. The flowers are punch outs from a Studio Light booklet, and the feathers are stamped and fussy cut. I also stamped the quote. I then cut around the edges of the page and attached it to some black watercolor paper. To finish it off, I added the white dots.
I am also lining up to Wendy's bird challenge at Art Journal Journey.

That's all for me today. Keeping this short since we are meeting at 9 AM to walk and I have a solid 45 minute drive to the trailhead. 
Have a great start to your weekend!


14 comments:

WendyK said...

I just love your toucan, and his posh hat. Great background as well. Thank you.
Hugs Wendy

CJ Kennedy said...

A pretty page. So nice that you were able to pick out your Christmas tree with your daughter and to get it decorated. Enjoy your walk with your friends, today. Take care.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Erika, I love your page very much. Sounds like a wonderful morning with friends-enjoy! Happy Saturday Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous page, lovely colours, too! Have a great time with your friends. Take care, hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Erika! I love the background and that quirky bird.
Alison xx

Serena Lewis said...

A lovely page, Erika! Such pretty colours and that toucan is dressed to impress!

I hope you enjoyed a nice walk out with friends. :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

* Wow * I am fascinated by this colorful, beautiful journal page. I love this colourfulness and this kind!
Have a happy 1st advent, hugs Elke

NatureFootstep said...

lol, that birdie must come from Costa Rica with that bill and hat. :) Love the colorful scene :) I hope you guys had a pleasant walk :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic art piece. I hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. The weather was unseasonably warm, which was nice.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are probably not as far behind as I. One good thing for me is, I decorated my house yesterday for Christmas.

I absolutely adore your toucan. The entire piece feels very cheery and romantic. You put a lot of work into this piece and it feels so right for Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey. I hope you had a good walk yesterday, too.

LA Paylor said...

Oh I love that quote and bird. So fun to look around the piece at all the blended textures and details. Your paper work reminds me of art quilting... design work and mixing prints.
LeeAnna

alicel said...

I absolutely love this! It is one of my all-time favorites of yours.

nwilliams6 said...

Love the bird and all the colors and designs on your page. The quote you used is my favorite quote from Alice. It kind of describes the whole book really - lol. So great that you walk with friends like this - wonderful and healthy choice and I know it does your spirit good. Looking forward to seeing your tree. I almost have mine done - trying to decide if I want to add anything else or fix the top. One of my 5 year old Grandsons helped me and he insisted we say something we were thankful for with each ornament hung. It was a memory I will keep with me forever. Sorry for my rambling. Lovely post. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

I really like this bird page. The colors and design are so appealing :)