Sunday, November 15, 2020

Soar


Hi everyone. Happy Sunday.  Hope you are having a nice weekend. It is COLD here this morning. Brr. I even had a hat on to keep my head warm (in the house).

Today I am thinking  about the sky and the sea.
I have another bird page for Wendy's challenge at Art Journal Journey.

I started my page by using some clear Elmer's glue to created some flying birds. Once the glue dried, I sprayed the page with some blue ink. I used a Sharpie to to draw in some dotted lines so my birds would stand out. Then I drew and painted the clouds. The sun is stamped, colored and fussy cut. The word is made with some letter stickers.

I am also linking up to day 15 of Art Everyday Month.

I was inspired to make this page after a trip down to York Beach (Maine) for a beach walk last week. Tuesday our gorgeous Indian Summer weather was still around, and after several days of doing yard work, it was time to go do something fun. Our dog Maddie was at doggie daycare, so pup Pete and I got in the car and took a drive for a beach walk.


I really like this photo above even though it wasn't at all what I wanted it to be.





The rusted iron in this rock is a gorgeous color. The barnacles add a nice bit of texture. I may try my hand at putting this on a canvas as a painting. Along with all my other ideas.



It was a fabulous walk.

To make it even a better day, my husband said he'd buy me a sandwich for lunch after my walk.

We met at a restaurant at the old Pease Air Force Base in Portsmouth (New Hampshire). This restaurant still had outdoor seating, and it certainly was a nice enough day to sit outside.
Pease used to be an offensive air base, but it was decommissioned in the late 80's. It has since become a business park and public airport, but the Air National Guard is still stationed there and use the runway.
On this day there was C5 air transport training going on. These big  planes kept flying over and over.




I loved the fact that there were airplane enthusiasts standing in the parking lot (which is at the end of the runway) with their cameras.  I didn't join them as I only had my phone (but maybe I should have), but at least I wasn't the only one snapping photos for a change.

Enjoy what's left to your weekend.
And thanks for visiting.







 

14 comments:

WendyK said...

Another lovely page and great photos, thank you.
Hugs Wendy

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like you went to Short Sands? I haven't been to York in a long time. The transport planes remind me of the large birds on your Soar page. A walk at the beach and lunch sounds like a nice day. Stay warm and hold onto your hat today!

craftytrog said...

Lovely photos and art Erika! Lovely to see those blue skies, it's cold, wet and very gloomy here today.
Alison xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful sunny page, especially as it's grey and cold today. Great photos of your trip to the beach, lovely pic of you and the dog! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

What a cool way to make the birds.

Your photos do make your beach walk look inviting. Sometimes the unintentional selfies make the best ones :)

NatureFootstep said...

"winged in the sky" how I would love to join them. :)

Love your art and the shots. The beach is wonderful. I miss those kinds of beaches with so much to see and find. I live inland so there no such beaches around.
The image of you and the pup IS a very warm one. Full of warm feelings :)

Take care!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, beautiful post-loved all the photos very much and your art page too
Happy Sunday-I deleted my latest blog-I didn't like the format of this new one-so I am back to my hummingbird blog-we are sunny but chilly here today too hugs

DVArtist said...

This is a very nice post. I too wear a hat in the house when it is cold. Hey we have to do what we have to do right? LOL I really like your art. Using the glue is brilliant. Great shot with your dog too. Gla dyou had a day out.

Serena Lewis said...

Great post, Erika! Nice, uplifting art piece for today.

I loved all the beach pics, especially the one of you with your pup, Pete. The rust colour is quite striking.

Great shots of the planes...the noise must have been quite loud.

It looks like you had a lovely morning out. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a lovely journal entry, Erika. It's different, but gives me ideas. I really like the very unique birds. I was amazed at how you created them. Resist. LOVE it. I also like your clouds and the sun of course.

You had me at rust (grin). I LOVE your selfie. You look about 17 in that photo. And the beach walk was lovely, albeit a bit chilly, I thought. How great to see all those C5 planes flying over. Had to laugh that you weren't the only person taking photos. I can relate. Hope your weekend is going well, dear.

Meggymay said...

Hi Erika, a morning catch up today and I have enjoyed reading your posts , seeing the photos and of course looking at the fabulous art pages you have been sharing. One of these days I might get to create a few pages again, I have a few started, waiting patiently on the table.
Take care and stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Your page is gorgeous. I love the birds and the sky with the spray is terrific -- so much depth, dimension and texture. I can see your inspiration. The photos remind me of a very long ago visit to York Beach (about 35 years ago!). I loved Maine. You really captured it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely art.
Lovely photographs.

All the best Jan

Cath Wilson said...

What a gorgeous place to walk! And such beautiful sunshine. Autumn and Winter sunshine is always stunning because of the different quality of the light. It's very photogenic, as I used to find when out birdwatching and photographing. You got some great photos!
Cath x