Thursday, May 20, 2021

Dreaming with a Bowl of Cherries

 Hi everyone. Today I have some assorted items to share.

I'll start with a tag I made for Pinkie's  challenge at  Tag Tuesday. She is asking us to make a tag with fruits and/or vegetables.


I had fun making this tag. I got to use a new background stamp I recently bought, which I inked with a few different colors.

I also dug through some postcards I have for art projects. I had one that was a reproduction of a vintage matchbook cover. I loved this lady's expression and the size of her on the tag. I cut her out of the postcard although there wasn't much else besides her on the card.

I stamped this old Hero Arts bowl of cherries image on white paper. Then I colored it and fussy cut it. It fit perfect to fit a gap between this lady's arms. I added this strip of metallic gold daisy paper. And I finished by stamping the daydream word. I wonder what or who she is thinking about.

Last week I took Pete (Maddie was at doggy day care) for an early morning walk along the Wolfeboro Rail Trail. I had to drive about 30 minutes to get there, but lately my road has been in horrible condition. Every time they come to fix it (which seems like daily in the last few weeks), they turn up more rocks making it hard to walk  as the rocks are just big enough to turn your ankle if you don't watch every step you take.


It was a beautiful morning, and there weren't many people on the rail trail. It was a good decision to go walk there.




This one spot had some cool shadows on the trail.






If I was to walk today, these tiny leaves or bare branches would be fully green. Spring has really arrived, and once it does, it seems to move along quickly.


My turn around spot was at one of the beaches on Lake Wentworth. First Pete needed to cool off and have a little swim.  I wouldn't have minded one either.



This week we've gone from spring temperatures to more summer like temperatures. It's been really nice.

Thanks for visiting.





16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good mornng, beautiful tag and photos. I love that bench setting-I would be sitting there for a bit. Happy thursday we are still get rain every day here Hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Your art brought to my mind the song "Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries" :) I'm sorry they can't get your road settled. That trail looks like such a peaceful place for an outing. I'd be happy sitting a bit on one of those benches. Our temps have done like yours: gone from cooler than normal to warmer than normal. We're predicted to get up over 90F this week-end.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, love the image of that sweet lady. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! That's a beautiful trail you walked. Love the photos, you caught the shadows so well. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

I love New England rail trails! So much of a historical feel there.

Iris Flavia said...

She´s sure dreaming away!
Oh, don´t you hate those stones that make you trip!
Lovely last pic, have a nice day :-)

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😻

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely tag. She's dreaming of a delicious cherry pie with a beautiful lattice crust. And maybe some whipped cream or ice cream to go with it. Cool place to walk. So nice to have warm temps and blue skies.

The Padre said...

What A Post - So Delightful - The Clarity Of The Water, Rather Inviting - The Rail Trail, More Of That Please

Cheers

Himawan Sant said...

Oh, the photo of the beach with clear and calm water is so beautiful ... it inspired me to take a vacation to the beach too.

Have a super week!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a beautiful tag. I love the focal image and the bowl of fruit. You paired those well together. I look forward to seeing the background stamp again.

That's a beautiful place to walk. We also have rails to trails program in and around Wichita. I'd love to walk in the country like that.

Sandra Wright. said...

A lovely Tag for our challenge at Tag Tuesday.
Thank you for joining us..x

sirkkis said...

Fantastic photos and lovely art! Thanks for sharing.

pinky said...

She does look very serene and pleased with herself Erika! The colours you used are so beautiful and vibrant. Loved your photos today and that quote on the bench is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday!!
Hugs
Pinky

Jeanie said...

I love the graphic on your tag! And it looks like spring, maybe summer, has hit your world! What joy!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your tag.
So wonderful to see the blue sky in your photographs ...

All the best Jan

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We also enjoyed the Wolfeboro rail trail during our August visit last year.maybe we will do a repeat visit sometime this year, most likely in the fall again.