Tuesday, February 8, 2022

All Loved Up

 Happy Tuesday everyone. 

I'm posting today with a new journal page because over at Try It On Tuesday we are starting a new challenge. For the next 2 weeks our theme is All Loved Up

Thanks to all of you who joined us for our last challenge which was  Add a Quote.  


When I made my page today I really focused on the background.  I'm not sure it's the most traditional Valentine's style page, even though I used some traditional elements.

I started with a page that had some black leaves on it. That's about as un-Valentine's as you can get, isn't it? Other than the leaves the background what white, so I used pink paint to color it. I was hoping I could make this page work for something other than fall or Halloween.

I found this sheet of pink printed acetate in some recent cleaning. It had lots of rectangular printed squares like a quilt would have, each rectangle different. I  cut out a few and added them on my page.  Then I took a rose covered roll of washi tape and used bits of that on the background also. 

Finally, I took some plain white tissue paper and stamped some heart and heart related images on it.  I cut out 2 of the big hearts and used matte medium to attached them.

After my background was dry, I thought it now looked loved up enough for this challenge. To finish it I stamped the be mine and the love you circle words (an old set from Technique Tuesday), cut them out, and also added some pen dots to the white space around the letters. I also added this cute TH couple and gave them each a mini heart sticker. 

As always, at Try It On Tuesday, you have 2 weeks to enter the challenge. All kinds of art is accepted. 
And I would be remiss if I didn't encourage you to check out the design teams art also. They have some lovely art.

 I am also linking up to Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's challenge at Art Journal Journey. This month the challenge is "What's Your Style?" , and this is an example of my experimental thinking as well as my  occasional romantic style. As well as AJJ, I am also linking up to Creative Artiste's challenge #79. The theme at Creative Artiste is always Mixed MediaAnything Goes, and I definitely have some various types of media on this page. 

I hope to see your romantic inspired art at Try It On Tuesday.
Thanks for visiting my post today.


15 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! That grungy background looks amazing 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the little touches -the flowers in the background, the little hearts on the figures... So sweet!

DVArtist said...

Love the background and the foreground. LOL have a nice day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That is one unusual page. I had to see eacg stage as you created it. I really like the rose washi tape. It added the right amounto of romance, I thought. Thanks for also sharing this with us at AJJ using Bleubeard's and my theme, dear friend.

Jeanie said...

Delightfully romantic in every way!

Mrs.B said...

I love this page Erika, it has a great retro feel to it which really suits this young couple.
Just had a little catch up and I hope the art studio/restoration work is going well and you're not too stressed.
Hugs, Avril xx

The Padre said...

That Couple There So Rocks The Canvas - Excellent Use Of The Red Hearts On Their Jackets - Well Done

Cheers

Birgit said...

I think pink and black work well for Valentines and you showed how it can work. I love the brightness and the washi tape. The lovely couple just set the words alight.

Iris Flavia said...

It´s a very beautiful page! To love!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Erika and I loved the background for you created for the happy couple. Super inspiration for the TioT's theme as well as AJJ.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

I love your Valentine's page Erika! It's a great composition and background.
Hugs,
Alison

Lowcarb team member said...

What a gorgeous page.
Can't believe Valentine's Day is next Monday, our shops are full of cards and gifts and plenty of chocolate !!!

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the patchwork background and washi tape on your background.The words in the circles remind me of Loveheart sweets and I love the hearts you gave the couple to wear! Fabulous page for both TIOT and AJJ HUgs, Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I think this makes for an amazing Valentines page Erika, with the changing world I love to see everyones take on an occasion or theme. The pinks really are a pop of romance and I'm very taken by that sweet couple.
A beautiful piece of mixed media so inspiring, so glad you shared with us @ Creative Artiste.
Wishing you a wonderful creative weekend Hugs Tracey x

Judy McKay said...

Erika, lovely collage for Valentines day. I love the design and how you have arranged your patched work in your design. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you beautiful art work here again soon. Judy DT