Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Wednesday This and That

 Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday to you.

Thanks to you have gave me words of support for the big project going on at my house (the spare bedroom/ art space redo). And yes, I did expect things all over the house (eeks), and I am stressed about it not getting done in a timely manner, just because I know my husband so well. BUT, he did build my screen porch for me and finish it, and he did get the bee area set up for me in a timely manner, so I really shouldn't have any reason to think this won't get done in a few months.  Smile, with a little bit of a worried look on my face.

Today I have some art as well as some food to share with you.

Let me start with another tag for Sandie's challenge at Tag Tuesday. Her theme is King, Queen or Both.


Last week I made a queen tag, so this week you get the king.

This tag didn't go quite as I'd hoped. Unfortunately the images I stamped with light tan ink don't show up really well through my background colors, so you can only really see the dragon and the fleur-de-lis at the  bottom clearly. If you look carefully you can make out a few other images, but there should be another dragon on the tag.  At least our king has his sword to keep the dragon at bay however.

I also have a journal page at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's "What's Your Style?" challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I was back using my Amazon clothing ad book I received in the mail (before the holidays) to make this page. 

Other than  sweaters and oversized flannel shirts which I couldn't find in the booklet,  I made a page about my preferred winter clothing style. As you can see, I have a pretty casual every day style. 

The background is another page pulled from an old magazine, but I did do quite a bit of stitching around the border. The white thread actually shows up fairly well in person, but not so well in the photo. 

And I'll wrap up this post with my rustic asparagus quiche I made the other day. I am linking up to Kathy's Food Wednesday post.


OK, my crust is a little crooked. Smile.  I did make a homemade over store bought frozen crust.


I then steamed some asparagus and lightly cooked some onions until they were translucent. After pre-baking the crust and cooling it, I put my veggies in the bottom of the shell. Then I mixed 3 eggs, a cup of half and half and added a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg. Finally I sprinkled shredded cheese (I used Swiss) on the top and baked it in a 325 degree oven for about 40 minutes. (The recipe called for 25-30 minutes, but my oven has more cold spots than hot and I baked it a bit longer to brown the top a bit.)

Oh and I forgot to mention I used some bits of left over crust (after I trimmed it) and hand out the 3 little spears of asparagus just to decorate it.

That's all for me today. We're going to start warming back up after a couple of very cold days, and I'm looking forward to that!
Thanks for visiting.




20 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Husbands are not supposed to get projects finished on time, Erika. That is an immutable law of nature. I am quite sure that Miriam is happy that I no longer even start on anything resembling renovation, or an activity that would involve clutter all over the place! I intend to make sure it stays that way! Your quiche looks absolutely delicious. And yes, real men do eat quiche, so I expect that you will find a way to package a slice and have it delivered to me! Better make it two! Hugs from your Canadian pal, David

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Erika, Your quiche sounds delicious, and is something my husband really likes but I haven't made in years. Maybe I will surprise him one day.
I can relate to slow projects but try not to stress-hugs love your tag and I really like your journal page-this month's theme really has me stumped on what to do with it-but I really like this page-great idea for the theme.
Happy midweek-we have winter returning today hugs Kathy

Sandra Wright. said...

A fabulous King Tag, loving the background with the citrus colour palette.
Thank you again for playing along with my theme at Tag Tuesday..x

CJ Kennedy said...

Amazon should use your page as an advertisement. I can see the thread at the bottom, too. Your quiche looks very pretty a perfect lunch to have in the screen porch. Hopefully, soon.

The Padre said...

Fabulous King For Sure - Delightful Crust There - The Decorative Topping Appeared To Represent Wooden Spoons - Then I Noticed You Created Asparagus - Excellent Post Today And Enjoy The Rest Of Your Day

Cheers

Divers and Sundry said...

I favor a casual style, too, so these would suit me :)

Your quiche looks too pretty to eat, but it sounds too good to resist.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Nice assortment of art and food. And I chuckled at your "project" story. A day or two of warmer weather here in CT, but then scary, damaging winds are forecast for Thur night into Fri morning. :-(

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, thanks for making another tag for Sadie's challenge, it's gorgeous. Love the stylish journal page, too! And as for the Quiche....so yummy! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

Great tag and I love your page Erika! The quiche looks very tasty too.
Alison

DVArtist said...

Wow this is a great looking quiche. Glad to see you at Food Wednesday.

R's Rue said...

I want some quiche now.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing amount of eye candy today, dear Erika. I love the tag you made What a great King you gave us.

Of course, I was quite pleased with the journal page you created, too. I never thought of making a casual dress style, so that was quite fun and unique. It was so much fun and a great way to honor Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey.

WOW. Now I want a quiche. It looks great and sounds great, too. I love asparagus, so this sounds wonderful. You are a great baker. I am in awe.

Aimeslee Winans said...

That crust looks delish, cool whip, just sayin, haha. I'm sure the quiche was delish as well. I like your page and tag. Even though I have a ton of printed collage sheets, I've made my share of pages with magazine images. It's satisfying. Making cards with them is all the rage in eastern European countries, even a few challenge blogs where you can only use those and other pictures. I have had a few situations lately where what I've stamped didn't show up well, it's pretty frustrating. And your nervous trust hit home with me. My birthday's coming up and I told my husband I wanted our front yard flower bed filled with ivy that is cold hardy and I don't want to have to wait ten years to see it all filled in. He immediately starts telling me we have some growing in another bed he can transplant tho he tried it once and it didn't take. I just cut him off and told him thanks for the cheapskate idea but no thanks. Hire a landscaper, we have plenty of money, I want it. It's my birthday present and that's kind of sad I cannot just have it without me having to use my present on it. Sheesh! Luckily, he saw his miserly ways and apologized and agreed to hire it done. So I hope your guy knows he's lucky he's not married to me, heeheehee. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we both get what we want, I bet neither of us ask for much. But darnit, we're not living forever. xoxo

Meggymay said...

A super post to read Erika and that quiche looks so inviting.
Your work in progress at home will I'm sure, get finished and as its in our human nature another job will be waiting to get started.
I loved your journal page and your take on the AJJ theme.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

The tag is fun - love the theme and fun look and colors.

Your journal page is fun too - so great to use up a catalog of clothing. Creative and fun.

The most fun and creative thing is your quiche though. I LOVE your crust and the art you did out of the leftover dough. Soooooo fun and probably my favorite art I have seen you make this year!

Hugz

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Hi Erika: I know that I left a comment here, filled with bon mots and profound thoughts, of course, but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. Blogger seems to be especially malicious of late, and this has happened several times. Damn! Hugs, David

Jeanie said...

That quiche looks fabulous. I need to remember to buy some half and half next time I go to the store. Quiche is fun because if you have the stuff for the custard, you can pretty much mix and match the filling. Asparagus (a favorite!) and onion sounds wonderful. (Your winter style and mine are most compatible!)

pinky said...

I think your tag is fab Erika. The faint dragon looks like he is hiding in the mist. Just love it. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hope that the work is done sooner than you think will! I love the tag and by looking at the journal page I can see we have similar ideas on how to dress in Winter,
The filing of your quiche sounds delicious and your pastry is surely rustique style and quite deliberate?, hugs, Chjrisx

Michele said...

excellent tag, thank for linking to tag tuesday! xo