Friday, September 4, 2026

Friday Faces- Lots of ArthropodsToday

   Hi everyone. Happy Friday. I hope everyone has had a nice week so far.  Today I'll be joining. Nicole's  Friday Face Off  and Gillena's  Friday Lunch Break.

 

    Lately I've been noticing all kinds of arthropods, mainly spiders and other insects. My yard seems to be full of them. Like everywhere. In fact, if I look outside, there are all kinds of "things" flying by the window, not just birds.  🦋🐞🪲🐝  Here's a few I've seen this past week.

      FYI, I know not everyone finds these creepy crawlies as fascinating as I do. So let me warn you this post has some creepy crawlies, but most of them aren't too bad. Just scroll quickly past the first photo if you don't like spidery things.

   I'll start with this photo of a Daddy-Long-Legs.  I really like how I captured his or her shadow.❤


   For those of you who like pretty, here's a pot of zinnias in my yard.  These 2 Great Spangle Fritillary butterflies seem to love feeding at these flowers.  Can you see both of them in this next photo?





Here's a cabbage white butterfly on some  lavender.


  I've seen a couple of monarch butterflies this summer. Boy are they hard to get a photo of. I swear they see you coming and flitter off.  I haven't seen any caterpillars on my milkweed plants though, but I keep looking. 



    When I went out to check the bees the other day,  this grasshopper was just chilling on one of the bricks that holds the top in place.


And of course, here's lots of honeybees. 


   And here's my smoker for when I visit the bees. I like how the smoke photographed. 


     I'm hoping this weekend to go collect my honey. I'm very late doing it, mainly because of my shoulder.  I had to put it off because  1) I couldn't lift the hive box off  and  2) I need to assemble my spinner (that spins the honey off the  frames). I haven't been able to do a lot of heavy-ish lifting without pain, and both the hive box and the honey spinner are a bit heavy and awkward sized for someone short like me. 🏋

  I hope everyone has a super start to the weekend.  If you live where Labor Day or Labour Day are celebrated, I hope you enjoy the long weekend. I've scheduled my monthly book post for tomorrow, but other than that, I'm taking the weekend off from blogging. Let me also wish you a great start to the new week. ❤ I'll be back Monday night for T Day. 



No comments: