Hi everyone. It's Tuesday so that means it is once again time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday.
Thank you to everyone who joined our Pretty Paper challenge. I loved seeing all the petty papers, and even better, all the things that can be done with it. ❤
Our new challenge is one for the season here in the Northern Hemisphere. This time we're looking for art that showcases Autumn's Beauty. I have a collaged journal page to share.
I started this page by using up some paper scraps to make my background. I like how some of the scraps were autumn papers. I also splattered some orange, brown and yellow watercolors over the background.
I knew I wanted to use this cute little mouse as the focal point of my page (just please stay outside eating acorns and keep out of my house). 😉 I had 3 left over die-cut leaves on my work table that I added first, and then I glued down the mouse. My page still needed something more so I used a bunch of assorted autumn stickers that I've had for too long. I also used a scrap of copper metallic paper trim that was sitting on my work table to ground my page. Finally I added the quote (Unity Rubber Stamps) which is one of my favorites for this season.
Be sure to check out the design teams art too. As always, you have 2 weeks to join this challenge. And we accept any art as long as it meets the challenge's theme.
This is also my penultimate page for Sharon's Hello Autumn challenge at Art Journal Journey That challenge ends tomorrow so if you're going to link up a journal page, you need to do that ASAP.👍
I look forward to seeing your autumn inspired art.
11 comments:
Wish summer could have stayed a little longer :-) Beautiful autumnal page, Erika.
Oh my goodness, Erika! Your collaged art journal page is absolutely stunning. And that little mouse as the focal point is so cute! I love his darling little face. (Yes, I agree—keep out of my house, too. LOL! ) All of your fall-themed items work so well together and make an incredibly beautiful page. Thank you so much for joining my "Hello Autumn" theme once again, and for all of your wonderful friendship and support throughout September! I wish you a very Happy October! Hugs, Sharon
Wow!!!! Erika this is stunning. I love the saying too. It sure has collapsed into fall. Have a very nice.
the season sure is changing.
Never fail to enjoy seeing Autumnal creations and this one no exception. The little Mouse is very cute although have a love hate relationship with them at the moment. One went to ground in the floorboards under my craft room deciding against the human trap allowing him to back to the wild. Now clearly dead judging by the dreadful aroma.
B x
It’s delightful Erika, very pretty!
I loved the mouse. Great focal image. And this is an amazing entry for Sharon's theme at AJJ, too. Thanks for sharing.
I love how you used up those leftover paper scraps to make such a cozy autumn background. That little mouse eating acorns is completely adorable, though I definitely agree with keeping him strictly outside! The metallic copper trim really grounds the whole piece and brings out all those rich fall colors.
Your page is absolutely gorgeous, Erika!
Lovely new challenge!
I love rodents so I love this one. That is a cute mouse.
Post a Comment