Hi everyone. I am back again with another post because it's Tuesday, and 2 weeks have passed. That means it's time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday .
Thank you to everyone who linked up and joined our Inspired by a Song challenge. I always enjoy seeing what songs people pick and if I can guess them from looking at their art. 😊
Our newest challenge for the next 2 weeks is Emboss It-Wet or Dry. I made a journal page with lots of dry embossing on it.
To make this page I started with a sheet of watercolor paper and some orange, green and brown juicy ink pads that I randomly rubbed over my paper. Then I took a sheet of glossy white paper (actually the back of some packaging) and used an older embossing folder (from Spellbinders) to give it some texture. After I embossed the image, I rubbed yellow, gold and some light brown ink lightly over the embossing so that part would have some color.
I die cut the leaves with a Frantic Stamper stitched leaf die. You can see these have some stitched embossing on them. I cut them from this rusty orange paper, and then to add some depth, I lightly rubbed just a bit of brown ink on them. The sparkle leaves are some of those foam leaves you can buy that you often see in children's craft kits. I added a few gold half pearls under each to try to make it appear like the leaf was falling. The scarecrow was in a set of fall felt images I found several years ago, and I added a few little confetti pieces to him to spruce him up. Finally, I used the same rusty orange paper and a quote from a Creative Expressions stamps set. I outlined the quote with a gold Sharpie. I also decided to outline the embossed centerpiece of my page too.
As always, we accept any form of art as long as it has some type of embossing on it. Please be sure to check out the examples my design team members shared also.
I hope you have fun embossing and share your creations with us here at Try It on Tuesday.
I will also be linking up this page to Sharon's Hello Autumn art journal challenge over at Art Journal Journey. Please remember if you join Sharon at AJJ to only link up journaling, not cards, tags and other art forms.
No comments:
Post a Comment