Friday, October 2, 2026

Friday Faces, Friday Lunch Break and Second on the Second

   Hi everyone. Friday has rolled around already, and it's a busy posting one. Today is October 2 which means it's time to repost some second looks for Second on the Second over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog.  Today I also have faces for Nicole's Friday Face Off and  a post Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.

  

  This post has some previously published art that has lots of faces.  All my journal pages are from 2  posts back in October 2022.  It's hard to believe that 2022 was already 4 years ago as in many ways I feel like I just made these journal pages. Time just goes way too fast.

   First of all, seeing it's now October, I feel like I can share some Halloween art. 👱👿👹😱 This paper art is not as exciting as Nicole's skeletons,cauldrons and witch shoes, but I still like vintage Halloween and how these pages came out. You can find the link here for these relooks: October 27, 2022.




    And if Halloween is not your thing, here's a glimpse of another October 2022 post : October 29, 2022. This time it's some trip journal page from a US National Park trip we took in September of that year.





    I'm not sure painting stalactites and stalagmites is something I really (and still don't) know how to do, but these don't look too bad in an abstract form. Smile. I hope everyone has had a great start to the new month, and that you also have a super Friday and start to your weekend. 




19 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

What a treat with so many beautiful pages! Rise and Breakfast is my favourite!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm a fan of vintage Halloween images too because it takes me right back to childhood. Yes, I'm vintage!

Tom said...

Erika, you have been quite prolific!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy weekend to you, as well, Erika, although this New England weather seems more like summer than fall 😏. I am anxious to get out long sleeve shirts. Halloween is not really a my thing but I enjoyed seeing your take on it. Have a great weekend, a good one for some ice cream!

Dicky Bird said...

I love the primitive paper mache' pumpkins. Paper and ephemera are my favorites. I love all of these.

Gillena Cox said...

Some nice ones, Bravo!
Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much love

Jeanie said...

I'm just loving your Halloween art! It's so darned fun!

an artist reflects said...

Creative digital art for the season ~ Wow! ~ Hugs ^_^

brenda said...

What great Halloween artwork Erika, all so very different.

B x

Maria Medeiros said...

Beautiful pages! Lovely! Have a wonderful Friday and a lovely weekend!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Oldies but goodies! Time does fly. I just can't believe 2026 is almost over!

Shari Burke said...

It's fun to see the kind of art you made a few years ago and how it's different from what you do today.

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the Halloween pages. Today's weather doesn't feel close to Halloween. I hope you got a chance to get outside and enjoy it.

DVArtist said...

Oh oh oh ohhhhhhh! I love these Halloween pieces. You can't say they are not as exciting as some of my things, because these are magnificent!!!!! Bingo, kids and pumpkins, and then candy and kids and I just love these. But I will say my face is the death page. It is brilliant. Your non Halloween pieces are just as good. I have always loved your art. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a very nice weekend.

Veronica Lee said...

Great throwback pages, Erika!
The Halloween ones are super fun, and I like the park trip journal too.
Happy October!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, when Halloween was simple, huh?
Beautiful art.
Here we came from nothing to tecchie-stuff (I admit I am one of those, a bit...)
Have a happy time, hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember all of these, so this is a true second look for me. I remember the TH children, the DEATH, the road trip and HWY 50, which runs directly through the KS town in which I was born and graduated from HS: Lyons. Thanks for sharing this awesome second look and happy FFO and AFFF.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely pages. The pumpkins look so happy.

Lisca said...

No, Halloween is not my thing, so the last pages are my favorites, especially Adventures are better Together. It's so much better to discover new places with friends.
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca