Monday, September 6, 2010

Battery Recharge!



Yesterday was a great day just to hang out at home and recharge the creative batteries. It was COOL...actually chilly enough to keep most of the windows closed...and I spent some time watching TV with Katie after a fantastic morning walk...and I finished my weekend picking up the house...tehn it was into the studio for the afternoon to make cards. I also was creative in the kitchen too...made homemade pizza for supper and then a batch of those Yummy Black Dog ginger cookies that seem to be the extended family rage right now. YUMMY!
So I'm showing you 2 of yesterday's cards...ocean theme time. The top card using Artistic Outpost stamps- well mostly, the clouds are Stampscapes and the Seagulls and saying are CHF. I love the paper...its peeling blue paint but almost makes the card have an effect of sunrays on it. Used the same blue paper on the dock card here- this time it gives more of a worn effect. I've used this stamp by Impression Obsession before...I love it...you can kind of see the sparkles as I used deep blue Distress ones on the sky and just a sparkley gel pen on the water. I also highlighted the shell with clear glue so it stands on on the card...the card got photographed in bright morning sunlight so  it doesn't really show very well. Background netting is B Line and the saying is from a set of Tweety Jill stamps.
So today...take Katie back to UNH and go out in the boat-I believe...its REALLY nice having an extra day here...I feel so good recharging my batteries after a tough week...last week... (the high high heat, taking Katie off to college and going back to work myself-too many big events in such a short time-wow!)

No comments: