Thursday, April 18, 2013

Eat More Fruits and Veggies

More spring fruits and veggies to show you today. I told you I had fun playing with these stamps.
It is actually fun to pull out some stamps you haven't used and can barely remember what you have and then use them again. 
You can go back 1 day and see my other fruits and veggie cards if you're interested.
I really like this cherry card- it is my favorite of the bunch. I think because 1-I love my background, 2-I love the contrast of the gelli print strip to the background color, and 3- I think the cherries are one of my favorite stamps in this series.
To make the background-I first stamped  the cherries saying which is also from Stamp in the Hand like the main cherry image is. Then I used a white Distress paint and dabbed it down to make the dots.  I gave it a light spray of green Dylusions spray in. As with yesterday's cards, I used Distress markers on the stamp itself, gave it a quick mist of water and then stamped on glossy cardstock. Finally, I stamped the words (Flourishes) once in brown and then an overstamp in black.
The strip is a scrap part of a gelli print I made awhile back.
This card is similar but a little bland I think. Wish I had added some ribbon or tape under the tag and across the card. But oh well, it has been mailed off to the college girl. I used the same scrap of Gelli print on the left, and the asparagus Stamp in the Hand image.  I die cut the tag using a Spellbinder's die, sprayed it with Dylusions ink, and finally added some sunny yellow Viva paint pen dots. The saying is from Hero Arts and finally I outlined the edges of the card with a black Sharpie.
And here's the one that got me to pull out these stamps in the first place-working on a scrap journal page with a southwestern theme.
I was making some hot peppers for a scrap journal page and decided to take the leftovers from that page and make them into a card.  I used a yellow card and sprayed it with red Dylusion's spray ink. LIke the speckled effect. Then I used some red ribbon to make a little bow around the stems, and I used an Art Impressions word stamp to finish the card.
Think I might need to use these images and make some more cards soon.
So have you noticed how much earlier it is getting light in the mornings now? Here in New Hampshire I start seeing some light at 5:30 in the morning. I love it. And off to the west I can still see some dusky light at 8 at night.
Long days are the best- especially after the super short days of winter.
Plus we are finally getting some spring weather- been out raking- which I actually enjoy-trying to beat the black flies which will drive you right back inside when they finally appeared.
That is one of my goals next week when I am home on vacation. Gardening!
Can't wait.
I want to do a few inside cleaning projects too- nothing major- but some de-cluttering- although my studio needs a good cleaning and I need to go through and do my annual seasonal clean out. Not sure that is a small job. Ha-ha!
Besides chores- next week I want to read a couple of books, maybe see a movie, go visit my mom, play in the studio too- of course. (Especially since this week I haven't been  in the studio at all-except for about an hour on Sunday. Been raking, grading, very busy at work! I have another long day today but am hoping when I get home I will feel motivated and not want to sink on the couch with a good book- not that doing that is a bad thing though! In fact it is quite pleasant!!!! LOL!!!!) What's weird is I am not sure I want to hang out with anyone next- I want the week all to me!! Trying to keep an open schedule and flexibility.
This is a favorite vacation because it is a great time of year (very exciting) and I have it to myself.
YAHOO!
So I have babbled on enough  for one day I think.
Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: