Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Wild West

A little more of my Arizona scrap-journal from my February 2012 trip to Tucson and southern Arizona. Today's theme is the wild west- as we spent 2 nights way down in Bisbee- an old western mining town and then on our way north we passed through Tombstone and a ghost town called Fairbanks. 
I actually like wild west themed things, so it was a lot of fun making these pages.
The page above is an old postcard I found of Bisbee. I started by adhering this cool leather look paper down on my watercolor paper base. You can see I lightly colored some of the swirl. Then I die cut the chicken wire background (Cheery Lynn)  and then, after putting down some paint where I wanted the postcard to go, I attached the die cut and the postcard over that. Some October Afternoon pre-cut stars, an October Afternoon rub on, and some die cuts from a set of Die-namics western tags finish embelling this page. Oh yes, and one of these Jenni Bowlin new metal price embellishments.
You can see the other side and the actual postcard I used better in this photo.
For this page, I was using a picture of the famous OK Corral where they was the big gun fight that has become not only a historical question but also a western legend. I chose to spray the page with some red Dylusions spray ink-heavy in one spot, and also a bit of (just a tad) of brown to make it look like blood-since during the gunfight that makes this spot historical- there were some deaths. I added this Tim Holtz western set, which I actually use quite a bit-especially while working on these pages. Some stars from that stamp set were also inked and added. I cut out a Tombstone title word from a free brochure I picked up while visiting.
I will say I was actually quite surprised how tiny this pace was. I somehow pictured it much bigger.
One more little peek for today.
This time I used a BIG photo. I snapped this inside the Bird Cage Theatre. 
I started with my watercolor paper. I added some paper tape- you can see that on the left, and I used a stipple brush and some black ink on the right side. After I added the photo I stamped the saying and added a little handwritten note. Then I added these brads and wrapped a bit of twine around them- I was using the brads to hold this twine in place.

So yesterday I did manage to clean through some shelves I hold my Sizzix dies on. I store those on some CD shelves-CD /DVD shelves are the perfect size for the size of those dies. My shelves come from IKEA and they have adjustable shelves, which I really like. So yesterday I emptied and readjusted shelves and made a lot more room without getting rid of anything. Love that!
I only got that far though because then we had to go bring Katie back to school and Dave wanted to truck shop a bit more and we had to go to Home Depot. That seemed to take all afternoon, and then Dave was working on wiring last night because today my cabinet gets moved into my bedroom.
YAHOO!
Can't wait to see what it looks like AND I hope to spend some time this week cleaning out the exploding too full closet and also cleaning out my bureau and putting all of that into the new cabinet.
What an adventure!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I love that you stop by.





No comments: