Friday, October 16, 2015

Floor Plan

Happy Friday everyone. Man this was a fast week! I could have used some better karma, seems like I am being preyed upon by the downers, including a modem that died so I have no internet at home. The new one is suppose to arrive today though. Hopefully it does.
Th other bit of good news was that I had posted this photo and scheduled it for today so I could quickly write the post at work. 
I am connecting this page to both Paint Party Friday and also to Art Journal Journey
This page started as a an dictionary page which was glued and painted. Then I used a cathedral floor plan stencil and some light molding paste to create the pop up plan. I inked it over with black so it would stand out more. The building image is stamped on a heavy plastic wrapper some art supply came in, and then I used an ancient Postmodern Design stamp set to add the architecture words. The crows are a die cut from Memory Box image. I cut them off  of the tree they were attached to, and I used that leftover tree to create the little branches bow at the top of the page.
I am going to keep this short as I have too much on my agenda I need to get done before the kids roll in today. Have a great weekend everyone, and hopefully by tomorrow morning (even better by tonight) I will be back up on-line!

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Yessssssssssssssss! Love this one. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ, hugs, Valerie
Things can only get better!

~*~Patty S said...

Hope you get everything working again Erika.
Such a pain and inconvenience when it goes down.
There is such a warm glow and great depth and interest in what you've created here!
Happy beginning of the weekend.
oxo

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. a fantastic page Erika! I love those textures..AMAZING!!!
Thank you for being with us always with so many gorgeous ideas and entries each month♥♥♥
I hope the Karma will be better from now on for you .. good luck with the new modem!
Happy weekend to you ...the week flew by ! Here as well!
oxo
Susi

Jeannette said...

stunning pages,loved the old tuoch of this,very beautiful.

hugs jeannette

Susan said...

Wonderful seasonal colors and I loved hearing how you gathered the "parts"

Paper rainbow said...

This is such a mysterious and atmospheric piece. Love it.

sheila 77 said...

This is so unusual and eye-catching. I like the floor plan and love the way you have stamped the building on plastic, never done that. Also like the way you have split your bird/tree stamp. Lots of good ideas here.

Unknown said...

Fascinating Page! Love the texture and all the interest. Sorry you are having computer issues ... it will get better!

Linda Kunsman said...

oh, bummer about the internet:( Hope you're back on very soon. Great page-and again-gotta love Postmodern Design stamps!

Giggles said...

Wonderful spookidy art and post... We have had similar problems too... our fridge finally bit the dust and we have to wait 10 days for our new one!! Ho hum...such is life!! Here's to good things in our future!

Hugs Giggles

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought my modem went out earlier in the week, but fortunately it was just my internet that was a problem. I hope you get yours soon.

I adore blueprints, so this was fun. I especially enjoyed the "not to scale." Fun painting and stamped images. Liked how you cut up the die cut, too.

Neesie said...

You sound like you've had quite a week... but hopefully your art has helped.
You've created a fantastic journal page ;D
I hope your weekend goes well... happy PPF to you

Tammie Dickerson said...

Wonderful, spooky feel to your piece!! Love the colors and motion as my eyes are swept around the texture of it all! Happy PPF :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

You're so talented, Erika, the colours and textures are fabulous. Enjoy the weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Beth Niquette said...

What an extraordinary piece. I felt captured by it--I wanted to sit and look. Beautiful.

DVArtist said...

Hope things are worked out and better now. Love this piece art.
Nicole/Beadwright