Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Patriotic

So I used another TH found relative for this page. I started by adding a Gelli printed deli wrap onto some white paper, and then I painted the border red and orange. I added the stars because they are part of the flag- the big ones on the page are actually metal embellishments from my stash-they are ancient- and I painted them and sanded them before I added them to the page. It is hard to tell that in this photograph though. I also added a bit of book page to the background, some sticker phrases and I stamped the number 1 on the card twice, as though it was a playing card. 
The busy colors and images of this background make me happy. 
Hump day. This week is flying by, but that is good because I am so ready for this long weekend. You would think only being back at school  6 weeks wouldn't leave me so exhausted, but it just seems this first  leg of the year is always so intense and too busy. I don't need a vacation yet but I do need a break from the routine. 
Plus it is getting closer to some weekend fun I have planned. 
So how about a few autumn photos from last weekend?





Photos are along the Merrymeeting River in my town.
Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A super page Erika and the photos are so beautiful!
Have a great day!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal page with the great colours, and I always love your humour! Great photos, too. I am sure you are looking forward to the long weekend! I am looking forward to finishing the antibiotics and getting out again, pneumonia is not nice! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

You have creatively mastered the art of using it up and making it so fun. Those lost relative cards are great. I gave them out in a workshop. Hope the weekend is nice. A little chilly here this morning. Looks like it was chilly at Merrymeeting in those photos. Nice to see some color. xox