Saturday, November 9, 2019

Autumn Owl

Hi there and happy weekend!
It is CHILLY here today, and our highs are only supposed to reach to just above freezing. But with the  wind we had yesterday, it felt even colder.
 And I stopped on my road on my way home from work yesterday to take this photo. After a few afternoon snow squalls, there's even a little white on the ground. 
Wait a minute. Isn't it still November, not January?
And I wanted to answer a question I received yesterday about my flower photos. Those brown leaves are my hydrangea.

  It is day 9  of Art Every Day Month and today I am sharing this little piece with you. It began with a striped napkin and some matte medium attaching it to the page in my nature journal. Then I stenciled the owl and leaves. I added some extra details on the owl so he pop off the page a little more. Then I stamped the branches around the edge of the page and stamped the quote.
Hope you like it.
And thanks so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

It looks so c-c-c-cold! Not much better here, either, winter is coming quickly. LOVE your sweet owl, so pretty. Have a great weekend, keep warm, hugs, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

It must be owl day!
Love that stripey napkin background and the branches around the edges...he looks as if he's hiding in the middle of a forest :-) Those white highlights work really well, too.
Have a great weekend, Erika!
Cath x

NatureFootstep said...

we had frost yesterday. Today it rains :( I love owls but rarely see any. It´s a beautiful design,

CJ Kennedy said...

We did not get any snow. I'm thankful for that. Your Autumn page made me smile, and I like the quote you chose.

DVArtist said...

I lived in snow and below freezing weather most of my adult life. In my old age I will not do it again. LOL buurrrr... The photo is amazing thought. Your owl is awesome.

Mia said...

Oh, it is really gold in the your part of the world, Erika. It is autumn in Greece but the temperature is around 27 Celsium degrees!
And what a stunning page, my friend. I think this own is posing to you! Ha ha! Hugs, my friend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an absolutely clever use of that napkin, Erika. I love how you caged the owl. Maybe he was looking in and wishing to be out of the cold. After all, your photo made me feel cold, although it was frigid here yesterday and the bottom is supposed to fall out tonight. Regardless, your adorable owl has warmed my heart. It's a beauty.

froebelsternchen said...

Happy Sunday Erika! A fabulous page! I love it!

Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

Its a great napkin with the lovely owl on it. I love how you created the page.
Yes the photo does look bit like winter is early this year, its the same here.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

That looks like scary, slippery snow. Be careful out there!

(We're due tomorrow or Tuesday)

Love the art today! Owls are a favorite!

Divers and Sundry said...

We're seeing predictions of snow here for Tuesday, but we're not holding our breath lol. It looks so cold there! I like your art and the quote's description of this second spring :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Gorgeous owl - not so sure about the snow!! Chrisx