Monday, November 18, 2019

Drawing Journal

Hi everyone.The new week begins.
And I shall start my week by showing you my daily drawing journal. I've been keeping this all year, but since my drawing skills are not going to impress anyone, I haven't bother to show you any of my amateur pages.
So today I will. But first quickly  tell you about my journal.
My "rules":
I do pages when I have time, and it is OK to do back pages if I don't get to them for a couple of days.
It is also OK to leave pages blank.
I don't have to draw on every page.
I can talk about my day or I can try to draw something I want to draw.
I can also tape in tickets or other paraphernalia.
And some pages are just for me to keep track of my life, like when a bill is due or other events I need to keep straight.
But the biggest rule,
I don't spend a lot of time on these.  The point is to make this easy so I will actually use it.
Here's a few pages from the last few weeks.



I am linking up to Day 18 of Art Everyday Month.
Thanks for visiting. 


14 comments:

Marjut said...

Fantastic!

Cath Wilson said...

What a great idea, Erika - surprised you have the time, lol. But it's a great way of keeping a journal, free and easy. I'm impressed :-)
Cath x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal pages and they will be a great reminder of what you were up to in future years. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

These are so fun. That's the same approach I use for Inktober. I don't spend a lot of time on the drawings. The idea is just to have fun. Take it easy out there this morning.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

great !!!

Divers and Sundry said...

Those leaves are _moving_ on the page! Showing movement in a drawing is such a difficult thing, and you've pegged it here. I love seasonal changes, and the sounds and feel of the crisp wind blowing the leaves is one of my favorite things about this season :)

craftytrog said...

Great pages!

NatureFootstep said...

my favorite is the first one with fallen leaves :) It´s beautiful

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was by this morning and for some reason, didn't leave a comment. I'm not getting alzheimers, but am under an immense amount of stress at the moment. Your daily calendar looks SOOOOOOO much better than mine. I use stickers and labels. You DRAW. Great job, even if you aren't as convinced as I.

R's Rue said...

Love.

kathyinozarks said...

these are awesome

Jeanie said...

I love this -- and it's a reminder I need to be more disciplined in daily practice.

sheila 77 said...

I'm so impressed by your "just do it" attitude to art. These pages are a great reminder of the sort of thing we do but easily forget about later.
I'm inspired and I now know what I'm going to do for my next art pieces, thanks

Neet said...

Love the idea of the rules for your journal - not restrictive at all but encouraging. Nothing worse than feeling obliged to keep up with something. Love this free and easy approach - something I might adopt at some time in the future.
Thanks for all the inspirational pages.
Hugs, Neet xx