Sunday, November 10, 2019

What To Do With a Cloth Page

Happy Sunday everyone.
Today is day 10 of Art Every Day Challenge.  Hope those of you playing along are having as much fun as I am over at Art Every Day Month.
Those of you who have ever seen or used a Dina Wakely journal know that there are cloth pages in them.  Sometimes the cloth is a little intimidating (for me) to use, so on this page I tried rubbing some ink pads on it to see what would happen. I must say I like the final effect! I'm keeping that one in my repertoire. 
Then I added some cut out photo booth faces that I cut out from a notecard. I also added a bit of ric rac trim, some tissue paper, a vintage slide some who knows what, as well as a sticker and stamped quote.
Hope you like this simple page!
And enjoy what's left to your weekend.




11 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like you were successful in using cloth for a journal page. I like the way the inks show up on the fabric. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

DVArtist said...

Well done with the cloth page. The photos are wonderful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your page turned out really well, great ideas there! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

A fantastic cloth based page Erika. I like that you left space and only coloured part of the surface, it really draws the eye to the detail and images you added.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lots of inspiration and ideas to consider in this page, Erika. I really like it a LOT!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika oh i havent seen a cloth journal before,but i love what you have done ,a wonderful page,well done my friend xx

NatureFootstep said...

Interesting! We have an old "saying" Use what you have! Would fit great for this one. You did fine I think :)

craftytrog said...

Great page Erika! I love the inky effects, must remember that one! Those canvas pages can be tricky! I remember Dina showing us how to cut a window into the fabric to show the page below, which was a fun idea too.
Happy new week,
Alison xx

TammyVitale said...

I have never heard of those journals or cloth pages, unless hand made. That would set up interesting challenges. I like the idea of the *journal* setting up something to make me think harder about creating. I do like what you've done here.

Jeanie said...

I really like this technique, Erika. It looks great -- loads of texture!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Wow! What a fascinating effect! Love this page! Chrisx