Sunday, November 17, 2019

Back in the Summer

Hi everyone. 
Now that garden season is over (well at least in New Hampshire but I know many other places too), it's nice to have those frozen and pickled garden favorites. That is if you had a garden and if you canned anything. I often do that but this year my garden wasn't successful enough for that.
But back in the summer I was inspired to start this page by stamping the background and then coloring it. But I didn't like how anything worked with it, so I moved on and left the page unfinished.
Then Rike's Fruit and Veggie challenge at Art Journal Journey came along and I decided to finish it off.
I first used some gesso to tone down the colored veggies, and then I used some printed paper I had as well as some washi tape. All the canned veggies were on a piece of paper and I fussy cut them. Then I used a few stash supplies to finish off the page.
I am also linking up to day 17 at Art Every Day Month.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
And I always appreciate you stopping by! 


11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, great colours for the theme. Hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

This is a very nostalgic piece of art. I really like the placement of the photo.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, this is out of this world. I was super impressed with your painting. The entire design was great and fits perfectly with Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey. I'm glad you set it aside and finished it now. It is really a great addition.

BTW, the door is not a home, but a business. It's Cero's Candy. The Avenue Art Days are for businesses along a certain strip in the center of town.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Erika lovely journal page ,love the pic on there,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Erika! Enjoy your pickles! Xx

Cath Wilson said...

A celebration of all things healthy - a treasure trove for those of us who love fruit and veggies! Love the bright colours.
Cath x

Rike said...

Oh, so many veggies here on your page! It's good that you decided to finish it off - with all these cutted out canned veggies it looks great! The washi tape round the red tomatoes fits very well, and this old black and white photo reminds me on my childhood, it could be me with my girlfriend in our garden, behind us my grandfather, I have similar photos of my own :)
Thank you for linking your wonderful page to my theme at AJJ!
Hugs-Rike

froebelsternchen said...

This looks kind of retro---super! I love your fresh and fruity page Erika! Another great entry for Rike's topic! Thanks a lot
Have a great new week my friend!
Big hugs, Susi

NatureFootstep said...

the girls in the field reminded me of my mother :) A nice mamory.

Jeanie said...

This post is a nice reminder of summer. My other reminder of summer is the bags of pasta sauce in the freezer made with tomatoes I did NOT grow but bought at the market. We'll eat well, at least for awhile!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That's nice, Erika. I like how the page evolved. Eileen xx