Monday, June 1, 2020

Art Journal Journey for June

Hi everyone.  Can you believe it is June?
I want to send a big thanks to Mia for being a super host for our May challenge at Art Journal Journey We all had fun with flowers , and now, June is here and I want to welcome Halle as new hostess.
Halle's theme this month is:
A Stitch in Time.
Think about sewing, or think about stitching on your journal page. Or think about time. Or put time and stitching together. 
It should be a fun challenge too. I'm looking forward to creating and also to seeing your creations.
So for my first page I went with a sewing theme. I started by stenciling some cross stitch pattern on some watercolor paper. Then I inked the page with brown and blue water based inks. The images are die cuts, and some string. I also embossed the scissors with silver embossing powder. I also used  bit of paint, a small metal  tag and some stamped quotes.

Hope my page inspires you to join us this month at Art Journal Journey.



13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page and a lovey theme. Is wearing pyjamas considered as dressing up?! Have a good, new month, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I had such a warm feeling this morning seeing this theme Erika, a fabulous page with its stencilled background displaying all those wonderful haberdashery elements. I love how you have mixed in the now with those words, something many have felt over the past couple of months. Happy June..
Sending sunshine & creativity your way Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is incredible, Erika. I think my favorite is the vintage scissors that you embossed in silver. A great first entry for Halle's theme this month at Art Journal Journey.

Halle said...

Love your take on the theme! Very clever. The colors you used speak to me as well.

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool page using this new theme. The scissors are wonderful are all your other details. Very well done and I really like it, Erika!

Caty said...

Ohh your Art journal page is really Amazinhg Erika !! I loove it, the background is super beautiful, and the scissors and other embellishments are so so gorgeous!! I wish you a great new week and new month too, stay safe,
and big hugs,
Caty

Meggymay said...

A fabulous vintage look to your awesome page Erika, I love the scissors and how silvery they look. you found a great quote as well. I think we are going to have fun with this theme.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Reminds me of my mom as she was a seamstress and had several dress dummies. Thanks for the happy memory. Enjoy the sunshine today and your beaches!

R's Rue said...

❤️

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Erika! Lovely images on a fabulous background.
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

This is really pretty, Erika, and a great way to start the challenge!

Neet said...

You have certainly given me an idea to use in my journal page on Thursday. Thanks so much Erika.
You also inspired me to stop lounging about in 'comfy clothes' as I have been doing during lockdown - didn't matter because nobody was going to see me attitude.
I do like your background to the journal page today, it looks great with the brown tailor's dummy and the threads against it - and what a great pair of scissors you have there. The silver and those lovely white flowers really add a pop to it all.
Thanks for the inspiration
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Erika, your art work is absolutely beautiful. I love what you made for this theme. And your sentiment is wonderful, too! HUGS!