Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Create a Scene at TIOT

Hi everyone. 
It's been two weeks already and time for a new challenge at Try It on Tuesday.
For the next 2 weeks we ask you to 
Create a Scene.


I had fun making my scene for the Try It on Tuesday  page .  I started with the lifeguard station photo that I cut out of an old FLOW magazine. Then I stamped my funny beach ladies on white paper, gave them a color, and fussy cut them out before adding them to my page. The seagulls are die cuts that I hand colored, and the word summer is a die cut on some pink origami paper. 
Finally I stamped the quote. 
This page is hole punched because it is part of a summer album I am creating. 
So you can see that there are many ways to create a scene, from stamping, to die cuts to even cheating and using a  ready made background as I did.
Check out all the fabulous scenes from the design team over Try It On Tuesday page.
And I look forward to your scenes.

Thanks for visiting.


16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your scene, your ladies look like they are enjoying themselves! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is such fun! I have been sorting through my saved magazine pages and this is such a great idea I might just have to look for some way to combine my stamps and a page or two! Hugs, Chrisx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovley scene you created, wish I was on the beach today.

Meggymay said...

An awesome and fun scene. Those ladies look like they are going to have some fun on the beach and I love the bright costumes they are wearing for the beach.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

Fabulous, Erika. They are such FUN girls! Beautiful contrast with the photo background and I love the colours you've used. Wonderful.
Cath x

Helen said...

Oh my gosh Erika! I LOVE this!!!! What a great idea using that photo as a background!!!! Awesome!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Jeanie said...

Everything about this is making me smile, Erika! Happy day!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I love this! This is super-cute! I´d give a lot to be at the ocean right now!
Thank you for the smile, hugs-Iris

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page made me smile. Perfect scene for such hot weather.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous fun page Erika, love your bathing beauties, they look fantastic against your photo background. I wish I could join them there..
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

You created such a fabulous scene! I'm loving those fun ladies and they have the perfect place to go swimming ...lol 😉. Wishing you a wonderful week! Take care! Hugs Jo x

Stevenson Q said...

Super cute scene! You fit these things together perfectly dear Erika! I can see this on a digital art combining mixed mediums of images. Love this, you are making me miss the beach so much more!

craftytrog said...

A fun page! I love it! Xx

Words and Pictures said...

This made me smile a lot... the greyish look of the sky doesn't bode well for their day by the sea. Good that it hasn't dampened their colourful enthusiasm though.

It reminds me of a camping holiday as a child where it rained every single day, and once we'd done all the possible rainy day activities and stately homes in the area, the adults insisted we should all just have a picnic on the beach anyway... in the pouring rain. Still, it was memorable!
Alison x

Joan said...

This is a fab page Erica, I love your funny beach belles. If using a ready made background is cheating I cheated too as I used one LOL

Joan