Thursday, June 18, 2020

School Photos


Hi everyone. Today I am sharing a couple of spread from the scrapbook I am making from years of teaching.  I think you have seen the photos of my room and the hall before, but you haven't seen my pages.

The top spread is pretty simple.  This one below is a collage of photos. The calendars  came out of this past year's student handbook. The couple of boxes came from the periodic table poster  I am cutting up; as well as some of the border images are from the same poster.


The quote is from a packet of paper I had in my stash.

And speaking of school, tonight they are having a staff drive-in movie night. Should be fun. I'll let you know more about in another post.

I'm keeping my post short as I have 8 AM reservations to go pick strawberries this morning. Things have changed at the farm I go to, now they are limiting the number of people by having reservations. I figured better to go early before it gets too hot, as the heat and humidity are due back today.

Have a great day.

13 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

That's a good idea to make a journal from your teaching.
I used to go pick fruit too-strawberries, blueberries-early is best-and the drive in movie sounds too fun enjoy your day hugs

Iris Flavia said...

You call the bell "warning bell"?! Now that is funny.
Or not, would I want to start the day with a warning?
We call it School bell.

Have fun strawberry-picking and eating, especially! Have a great day.

Himawan Sant said...

Cool collection of photos neatly stored in the album. I do it too.

Good luck picking your stawberry harvest, Erika.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is turning out to be a wonderful memory book that you can look on fondly over the years. It's great that you can use items like the poster from school and those borders that look so good the way you cut them to size.

Have a great time picking strawberries this morning, dear. I agree that once the heat starts, you don't want to be out in it.

BTW, since you asked, these fabrics were colored DRY. Although I would normally start with wet fabric, these mists would just be watered down if I started wet. It's sort of like painting the mists on a dry canvas.

R's Rue said...

Have fun.

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice memory book. Have fun at the drive-in movie. What's playing? And have fun picking strawberries. Smart to go early before it gets too hot. Have a good time.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, I'm back! Love your pages, great way to remember this part of your life. Enjoy picking strawberries, and have fun at the drive in movie later on! Hugs, Valerie

Stevenson Q said...

Oh Erika, this is such a treasure! Thank you so much for sharing these scrapbook pages with us! I'm sure you miss school, but your students surely miss you more :)

Meggymay said...

A great start to your teaching memory journal book. The pages look fantastic.
I hope you got a lovely basket of fruit when you went to pick your own.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you decided to make this book -- What a wonderful memory!

Happy Berry picking this weekend! Sounds like fun!

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous pages! I love your school journal, such a wonderful way to capture those memories and keep the photos safe 😁. Hope you enjoyed your movie night and we've been enjoying strawberries too! Thinking of making a rhubarb and strawberry cobbler soon, I found out about this yummy combination when I visited America last ...lol 😉. Sounds like your having a fab week so far! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I wish I had been scrapbooking when I left school! I do have a book made for me though, with lots of memories...maybe I should show it some time??? Chrisxx

Divers and Sundry said...

This strikes me as a wonderful way to gather things together. What fond memories will come back to you as you look through this in coming years!

Fresh-picked strawberries! What a treat :)