Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Masculine

Hello everyone.  It is already a time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. This time our new challenge is Make It Masculine.
This is perfect with Father's Day coming up.

So I took a slightly different take on this topic. Instead of going with traditional male activities, I went  with this vintage style garden page. 
I began by painting green vines all over my journal page and then inked the page with some brown ink.  I added the TH vintage photo, a tag that I did some stamping on, a plant I cut out, as well as the vintage art deco style flower bouquet that I cut out of a different page. Finally I added a couple of dragonfly stickers.
Here is the spread from my journal.


Here's a close up of the dragonfly.

I m also linking up to the latest challenge at Art Journal Journey. Their latest challenge is a Stitch In Time, which is for either stitching or time. And since my page is set in past time, and is an art journal page, it works for this challenge.

I can't wait to see all your Masculine challenge art. And please don't forget to check out the design team's inpirations. They are fabulous.

Thanks for visiting. 

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, reminds me of intrepid men who explored the jungles of the world. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Marjut said...

Love the background texture and colours, beautiful work.
Have a nice week, Erika!

Meggymay said...

A great page Erika and I love the vintage feel and look to the page you created. It had me thinking of a group of gardeners posing for a photo after an outing.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a stunning page! The green vine background looks amazing with the dragonflies and die cut foliage and I love the tag with the gentleman horticulture club - perfect 😁. I'm loving the denim age with the pretty embroidered butterfly too! Take care and have a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

Absolutely stunning background!!! LOVE your art journal spread!!! And that vintage photo is just perfect!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

The Padre said...

Dragonflys, Love Um - Dig That Throwback Photo For Sure - Be Well

Cheers

Jeanie said...

That is a good challenge for Fathers Day! I like the green and the image you used was great!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, I can just imagine that group of gents pottering in their greenhouses full of tropical plants, getting them ready for the Club's Annual Show. Love the denim page with the stitched dragonfly - beautiful.
Avril xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A wonderful romantic and nostalgic Page!
Greetings Elke

Stevenson Q said...

Super super love the vintage photo and the design of the background that you did Erika! I'm really a fan of your art, they are colorful and charming and has a lot of emotional touches that warms my heart to see :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw Jo's page, but didn't put it together that it was for TioT. This is lovely. Your use of vintage images and greenery in the background makes this a truly different piece. It's great that you also added it to Art Journal Journey using Halle's theme.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an absolutely wonderful page! Fabulous texture and a great image! Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

I so agree with Father's Day being quite close this is perfect :)
Enjoy your week.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful composition! To a happy Father´s Day!

Crafting Queen said...

Love your take on the theme, great page.

craftytrog said...

Fabulous page! X

Eileen Bergen said...

Great page, Erika. I love the tag and the vintage photo. Hugs, Eileen

Joan said...

Stunning page,,love all the botanical pieces and your gentlemens club photo


Joan

Halle said...

Gorgeous! Love the layering you did on this piece. So very cool!

Neet said...

Such a great page Erika. I love the idea of a Gentleman's Horticultural Club, sounds rather grand and I imagine them all being dressed most unsuitably for gardening. Rather like the local golf club attending a meeting. The green behind the photo is perfect at providing a backdrop for this aged piece which is the main focal point.
Hugs, Neet xx