Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Quilting


Hi everyone. I'm back today with another post for Halle's Stitch in Time challenge at  Art Journal Journey .

My page started with some blue paint and some background image stamping, which you can see on the right hand side. Then I used this piece of paper because it really reminded me of fabric, and I decided it would look fantastic sewn like a quilt. Of course whether it looks fantastic is a matter of opinion. It was only a strip of paper, so I added it to the left of my page, and then I sewed overlapping diagonal lines to give it a quilted look. I added some vintage trim from my stash, and then this vintage lady. Finally I stamped and cut out the flower and I painted a small area to stamp my quote.



And yesterday for T, I mentioned my new refrigerator and a couple of you asked about it. 
I showed the box photo yesterday as I forgot to take a photo of it unpacked, but I went and took a photo of it yesterday so here it is. It is bigger than we planned, but on sale it ended up being cheaper than the smaller models. It is just a base model with the freezer on top, no ice maker or water in the door or anything like that, in the off white color they call biscuit.  I am guessing it was a model that wasn't a big seller and they wanted to unload it so they were selling  for 65% off.  (Even cheaper than the scratch and dent one I considered last winter. Glad I waited.) The exciting part was I got charged $50 less than the sale price even was, and although I don't know why, I'll take it.

And to wrap up my post, let me show you my most of my peony blooms. I've been teasing you with the buds are they've gotten bigger for a couple of weeks now.



Have a wonderful middle of your week!








17 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

You quilt square is beautiful. Love that color. If you hadn't mentioned you stitched paper, I would have though it was fabric especially with the stitching. Hooray for scoring the fridge at a great price. Pretty peonies. Enjoy the weather!

sirkkis said...

Hi Erika,
I love your page and the charming vintage-lady. Beautiful words and layout.
Your peons are gorgeous!
We here have got some freedom more and today will here news from our government. We have followed rules very well :)
The last days have been hot here and forecast continue over midsummer fiesta.
I wish you and yours very happy and safe days ahead xx

Jeanie said...

Your peonies are such a gorgeous color! And that fridge is great! You will so appreciate having a second one, I think. I know I would!

Halle said...

Very cool journal page. I thought that actually was quilted fabric. Another great page for A Stitch in Time!
What is under your fridge? It looks like the plastic piece that sits under our A/C unit outside.
Your peonies are beautiful! Love that color.

Stevenson Q said...

That is one huge fridge dear Erika! I welcome it to your home and may it store a lot of freshest foods (We do have ref warmings here HAHA) Those flowers look so plump and very beautiful! I love the quilt fabric that you used! My favorite color is brown and it with blue is such a delight to my eyes! Sending you hugs dearest Erika!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree that the background does look like a quilt. It's beautiful the way you merged the papers. It's very pretty. It's really a super entry for Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for showing the fridge. I think I can see why it wasn't a big seller, but it will be great for your basement, especially if you have that kind of room.

And now let me cry over the beautiful peonies. Yours are fabulous and such a beautiful color, too. Hope your week is going well.

Barbara said...

Thanks for your visit to my baby owl. 😀 I’ve had trouble commenting on your posts, I hit the button and go nowhere. But I tried this time by entering through a google search and it worked. I LOVE your peonies!

The Padre said...

Happy Wednesday - Amazing Quilt - Dig Those Peony Blooms

Cheers

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A beautiful nostalgic journal page, I love that!
A great price and a good size.
Have a nice day, hugs Elke

Meggymay said...

Well it looks like you got a real bargain with your new fridge/freezer.
I wish i had room to have another freezer just now, it would be useful with the current shopping situation here.
Your quilt page looks beautiful, I love how you brought it al together with the stitching, perfect for Halle's AJJ theme.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xxx

Neet said...

That background is wonderful and I simply adore that paper used on the left hand side. It reminds me of something and I cannot think at the moment what or where I have seen it previously. Love the idea of stitching it like a quilt, it really works. The lady is just perfect for this fabric (sorry `I know it is paper but ..) and the way you have married the words into her is beautiful. What a beautiful sentiment.
I was amazed at the size of fridges/freezers in the USA when I first visited my friend but this one - well, I think it is the largest I have seen. How fantastic - and at such a bargain price!
Hugs, Neet xx
ps love the peonies, they look three dimensional with the colour against that foliage

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, so lovely. Your peonies are gorgeous, and I LOVE that fridge, it is bigger than my apartment! Hugs, Valerie

Eileen Bergen said...

Beutiful page, Erika. I love your quilt stitching. You got a great buy on that fridge. Your peonies are impressive. Hugs, Eileen

Let's Art Journal said...

What a gorgeous page! The quilting looks so beautiful with the pretty image of the lady - perfect 😁. The fridge freezer looks amazing, I smiled at it not having an ice cube or water dispenser, this isn't something that it common in our fridges in the UK - I can dream though ...lol 😉. Your garden is looking so beautiful, those peonies look stunning! Happy wishes! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sure the extra fridge will come in handy, Erika, especially for preserving summer produce and who wouldn't like a great sale price!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the quilted part of your page! A very clever twist! That is a very big Fridge/freezer but definitely a bargain at 65% off(plus!!) As it's not your kitchen model it doesn't need anything fancy!!
The peonies are spectacular - gorgeous colour!! Hugs, Chrisx