Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Here Comes Summer

Hi everyone.

June is winding down, and for those of us in the northern hemisphere, summer has arrived.

Here Comes Summer

  is the theme for our newest challenge at Try It on Tuesday.  

And I don't want to forget to say thanks to everyone who joined our Recycle challenge as well as to Tracey who was our host for the Recycle challenge.


When I think of summer I think of lots of places. Maybe you go camping or take a summer vacation with family or friends. Perhaps you visit the mountains or have picnics outside. And barbecues are always fun too. One thing I definitely like to do is work in my garden. I also think of spending days at a lake or at the ocean, which is the topic of my page for this Try It On Tuesday's latest theme.

I began by stenciling waves and the sky on my sheet of watercolor paper. I actually just used gesso as the wet medium with my stencil. Once dry I inked the areas of my background with ink pads, and then I colored the sun (itself) in with a yellow marker.

I used a TH vintage photo of the ladies at the beach. I also used some turquoise mulberry paper as well as some  tissue paper printed with seashells. Along the middle of the page I also used a piece of wave image chipboard, that I inked and used some glitter glue on. At the tops of the waves I used some white ink and Sharpie to add in some details.  I added some sticky "pearls" along the photo as a splash, and I doodled in the seagulls. Finally I added the sticker letters to make the title on my page.

You have 2 weeks to join this challenge, and as always, we welcome any kind of art.

And don't forget to check out the other design team's art also. There's lots of inspiration to give you ideas. 

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and I look forward to seeing your art at Try It On Tuesday.

 

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love you fab page, one of my faves this month, just GORGEOUS! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I want to jump into your page to spend the day at the beach. Love those colors

Helen said...

Gorgeous texture on your beautiful summer scene Erika! LOVE all the different styles of paper and colour! Perfect! Have a great summer! ((HUGS)) Helen

Iris Flavia said...

Seagulls I miss so much!
And a splash would be so great!!!
Sadly I know of but one proper lake where to go and that´s a nude one for which I feel too old, LOL!
Anyhows: To summer!!! Fun page with the girls!

Meggymay said...

I love the scene you have created Erika with the fabulous background and the vintage style ladies dabbling their feet in the water.
Super inspiring for our new TioT theme.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! I love the stencilled background with the papers and photo image you added - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy week! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

Love this. Splash! I wanna sit next to them :)

Jeanie said...

Your waves have such wonderful energy, texture and movement. It's a perfect background!

LA Paylor said...

summer here is blisteringly hot...
I always like your art!

Joan said...

Fab scene Erica, love the splash


Joan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This definitely screams summer to me. I love the old time bathing suits which were a bit risque at the time, I suspect. This turned out great, Erika and is a great example of summertime fun.

Mrs.B said...

A great page Erika, love your background with the sun shining high in the sky, a perfect day for your vintage bathing beauties.
Avril xx