Thursday, June 9, 2022

Yellow

 Hi everyone. Happy Thursday to you.

Today I am back with some art for Mia's  challenge at Art Journal Journey If you haven't read  what the new theme is already, this month Mia's theme is FISH. And this week Rain's Art Theme is Yellow, so I am also here with some YELLOW art and photos.

As already mentioned, I made a little book of fish for some of my entries this month. I used watercolor paper with watercolor paint to get started. 


Here's a spread. You can see not all my pages are the same size.


The seahorse is a really unique and interesting fish, isn't it?  I had this image in my stash and now was the perfect time to use it. I also had this sheet with fish images, and I added a couple of small ones to this page.


Since the quote on the seahorse page is "Catch You Later", I thought the quote "Too Late" and the skeleton fish stamped images worked together well. Hopefully it will not be too late for any  fish. Of course it is hard to tell because, at least with ocean fish, because  we don't really have a good estimate for many of them how many are actually out there. 


And how about some pretty yellow flowers today also? 
Sadly a couple of my rose bushes didn't make it last winter, so I replaced one of them with this yellow rose.


I love this deep egg yolk color, don't you? And although I love the color and would have chosen it just for that, I was actually attracted to the name of the variety. This one is called Julia Child. I have a Queen Elizabeth rose, so why not a Julia Child? Not that I have this, but a rose garden with bushes named after famous and interesting people would be fun to have. 


And look how the roses lighten up after they bloom. Just like how a whipped egg lightens up. The name of this variety is perfect for someone who helped bring international cooking to the US.

And the bees like them too.


And here's a few more flowers with some yellow back from my trip to Bedrock Gardens 2 weeks ago.







That's all for me today. I hope everyone is having a great week.



22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the pages in your new, fish journal, a fantastic idea. I have a little book with fish images to cut out - if only I could find it! It will turn up when I don't need it! Your yellow flowers are wonderful, especially the roses. Have a great day, say hello to your bees for me! Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Erika, I am in love with your fish journal book, and I am not one that really likes yellow in clothing, but I do love yellows in nature-beautiful post hugs Kathy

Gillena Cox said...

Luv your 'catch phrase'

much❤love

Angie's Recipes said...

The flowers from your garden are so beautiful! Very creative with the fish page, Erika.

Jeanie said...

Those seahorses and skeletal fish are fabulous. Honestly, just when I think I've picked a favorite you show me something new! Love your wonderful textured backgrounds, too. Beautiful journal -- and lovely flowers, also!

Christine said...

Lovely yellows today I do like yellow so cheery

DVArtist said...

Beautiful art and stunning photos. Have a truly lovely day today.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a beautiful journal spread! I love the soft colors- and that fish on the right is fab. I must get going on a page...
beautiful blooms of sunny yellow!

Linda Kunsman said...

Me again- I was trying to think of whose stamp that reminded me of- Fred Mullet:)

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely fish pages in your journal. That seahorse is fabulous x Angela

Iris Flavia said...

In Germany the Seahorse gets sewn on your swimsuit once you´ve passed a test and proved you can swim safely.
I remember how I loved that sticker and how proud my Nieces back then, too, of theirs.
Off-topic: Sadly less and less kids these days learn how to swim, bingo (not) come a hot summer!

I think papers of different sizes make such a book even better.

Yes, too late. For so much.

Not for those flowers, luckily! To a great day, hugs from here.

Neet said...

Love the flowers, the roses are gorgeous. Ours are not out yet.
I bet your new fish journal will be something great to look back on when it is completed.
The seahorse is magnificent, I once saw some tiny live ones (in capture) and they fascinated me, such lovely creatures. The postage stamps you have on the page with him are lovely. I am sure I know who did the stamps of the fish on the other side, but the name escapes me for the moment, it will come in a short while. Very effective that page - and I love the words you chose - definitely a smile moment.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Still running behind. Sorry to be late again (story of my life, I fear), but I had another electrical outage last night. This is the 4th in 3 days.

I absolutely love your fish. they are awesome. You have really rocked this challenge and I am sure Mia will be thrilled to see these great spreads, too. Thank for sharing with AJJ.

Lovely yellow blooms, dear.


Fundy Blue said...

I am in awe of the talented artists who participate in Rain's TAD! Your seahorse piece with the fish is so creative, and I love the mellow yellow tones. And thanks for sharing all the beautiful flowers! Have a happy weekend, Erika!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Really nice spread and am loving the colors in this post, too. Yellow roses have been my favorite all my life (well, recently the rainbow roses, too). LOVE how the color turns paler on those. And yes, having an entire rose garden filled with famous namesake rose varieties would be totally cool and now I am wondering, surely someone has done that? xoxo

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You have such a good sense for composition ... perfect balance/imbalance and choice of color/colorless and subject matter and subtle backgrounds.. Love your fish and the Sea Horse is a favorite of mine (especially since the male has to endure the birth pains, ha!)
I love yellow roses and yours are such a deep color (egg yolk, as you said). Really beautiful. All of your flower photos are beautiful. All in your garden? Yellow is such a happy color, hard not to smile while going through your post. Have a good week, Erika ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

carol l mckenna said...

Love seahorse ~ one of my favorites ~ and wonderful 'yellow' creative page collage ~ Xo ~ Great floral shots too!

Wishing you good health, laughter, and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

NatureFootstep said...

Torally love the seahore image. It also have a scalare beside it. That is a fish I hade once long ago when I had an aqurium. :) Love it!

Meggymay said...

Fabulous journal pages Erika I was realy drawn to the seahorse image you used. The flower photos look beautiful.
Have a good week
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful journal page Erika - I have a sea horse somewhere, must look it out! I really loved seeing the flower pics too, hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Fabulous fishy pages Erika, and your flowers are beautiful!

Rain said...

Erika, I LOVE yellow flowers and your roses are spectacular. I dream of having a rose garden...but one step at a time lol! I love your art pages, the sea horse is a beautiful creature. It's my Celtic birth symbol and I have a tatoo of one on my belly! I got it back when I was more courageous!! ☺