Friday, October 11, 2024

Friday Art

    Hi everyone. Happy Friday. The other day I was digging up a lot of my tall phlox plants out of one of my gardens and moving them to a different spot. These plants just got too big where they were. Well in the process I got a nasty kink in my back, so what I hoped to have finished by now, didn't get finished. However, after a few days of not stressing my back, it is feeling great again, so hopefully I can get out and finish moving those phlox plants today. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the nasty kink in my back doesn't return. 😏

     My journal pages today are  a spread from my Harvest journal. I've shown you several pages from that project, but there's still some I haven't shared.  Today's spread has an autumn theme so I'll be linking it up to Alison's Fall Colors and Inspiration at Art Journal Journey.


     I had this photo in my stash, and I think it's a riot.  It was black and white and I added just a bit of color. I also mounted it on some black paper and then on a scrap of handmade paper someone gifted me. I don't remember who it was, but thank you if you know it was you. 

     On the left side I die cut the scale. I don't use this die and embossing folder often, and I almost purged it. I'm glad I held onto it because it works well here. I also die cut the big pumpkin. The sparkling trophy was also in my stash.

     The background was made with a numbers stencil, some ink pads, some tissue paper and also some paint. I finally finished the page with the orange ric-rac since I thought the left side needed a bit of orange to match all the orange on the right. 

    I am also linking my page up to Creative Artiste Mixed Media for their challenge number #109, and because it's Friday, I'll also be joining Gillena for her Friday Lunch Break. I'm saving the last installment of my art walk for next week when Nicole is back hosting Friday Face Off, so if you were looking for it, you'll have to wait just a little bit longer.

    And did anyone (in the Northern Hemisphere) see the northern lights last night? My friend texted at about 7:30  and mentioned they were already putting on a show. Wow! It was exciting. I love how my photos even picked up the stars that were out also. 



     And there weren’t so many trees I bet the view would have been even more spectacular.  







Have a great start to your weekend everyone.





 

No comments: