Sunday, October 6, 2024

Weekend Art-Autumn is the Theme

    Hi everyone. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. I've been busy with some end of summer chores like starting my garden clean up. The biggest issue is we have yet to have a frost so some parts of the gardens are not yet ready to put to bed yet, but it's suppose to cool down quite a bit this upcoming week, so I'm sure in a few days there will be a lot more to do. But as always with  a garden, I can still find plenty to do. 😏

       I'm here today to share a bit of art, starting with a journal page for Alison's Autumn Colors and Inspiration challenge at Art Journal Journey. This page is from the new autumn journal that I made last month.


     I  used some scraps of paper and also a piece of printed tissue paper. I then used watercolor paints to color in the berries and their stem on the tissue paper. I added the house image, die cut and embossed the oak leaf, and also glued down some bronze colored metallic trim at the bottom of the page. The 6 words starting and ending with the word Pioneer were ones that I stamped. 

      And this next photo is the cover page to that journal.  It started as a very brightly colored cover that I painted and collaged over. It's hard to believe it had a lot of pink, yellow and blue on it before I painted it. I added the wooden leaf, which I painted and inked, as well as the chipboard letters which were inked.


     I also have a tag today for Valerie's Seasons challenge over at Tag Tuesday.  Since my autumn supplies are still out, I started with a tag for this beautiful time of year.


     I inked the background as well as adding  a scrap of paper. I stamped and colored the oak leaves and acorns. I also stamped the  phrases and autumn word. To finish off my tag, I added a couple of felt leaves. 

      I am also linking up to Gillena's Sunday Smiles .  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and start to the new week everyone. 



No comments: